Which would be quicker 485 or CP...from TX

kmd

485 or CP(I have to apply for I824)...which is better? It almost took me 4 years since I applied for my GC, to get here. Please advise.

it depends on your Consulate ......

if you are going to go to Delhi or Bombay then u can just have the receipt of I824 and do AC140 ...that should take u 3-4 months to get an interview ...

but if you are for Madras then u need to wait for the I824 to be approved .... that can take upto 6 months at TSC !!!

So in the later case u should stick to AOS (hoping to see TSC pickup those 485 cases soon) but in the former cases go for CP !!

TSC is notoriously inept

Unless you\'re looking for the safety of the AC21 180 day rule, count on AOS through TSC taking 2 years. It is foolish to count on things improving at TSC since every time they "improve" they later get worse again... I\'ve watched this happen for 4 years.

Personally, I have no faith in TSC and continued on with I-824 to complete CP several years ago (yes, TSC also screwed up on my I-140 by mistakenly sending my case the AOS route, so I went through the I-824 delay of 4-5 months). After that, it was heaven to deal with CP. It\'s so much more predictable and people at the NVC will actually help you..... please tell me how long it took you to reach the TSC by phone the last time you tried, only to be told that they will only talk to the petitioner or attorney???

GO CP.

No Title

GC Dreamer,
Why did it take you 4-5 months for the I-824?I am in the same situation as you.TSC messed up my I-140 by approving it as AOS instead of CP.My attorney says that TSC asked them to send the I-824 receipt and the I-140 approval petition and they will correct the mistake and that is the fastest they can correct their mistake.So do you think I should wait for my I-824 to get approved?My consulate is Chennai by the way.
Thanks
rkad

No Title

Sorry to hear about the mess-up on your case. Unfortunately I have heard of many other who have experienced similar problems.

My attorney didn\'t pursue any other option to waiting for the action on the I-824 and I didn\'t know better at the time to question whether there might be a faster way to get this done... this was 3 years ago for my case so things may have changed.

My point is that TSC is STILL incompetent and I would do whatever I could to pursue alternatives, such as CP.

Same here but to no avail

RKAD:

TSC approved my I140 petition (in ERROR) under AOS instead of CP back in early NOV 2001, we did exactly the same thing, filed I824 (which was approved in February 2002. TSC never corrected the I140 AND never cabled the NVC. Instead they said they had sent a cable to the consulate, but the consulate never received the cable. More importantly, the consulate indicated that wouldn\'t matter since the procedure is that the NVC needs to pre-screen the case before they can accept it and complete processing at the case.

TSC has the most incompetent group of people in the government. Yesterday after trying for several hours I finally managed to enter the automated telephone system, then I waited for 45 minutes, then the idiot who answered said this "sorry going to lunch call back later" and hung up!

I hope you guys have better luck.

No Title

Thanks jirafaa,
So what are you planning to do?I hope you can give me some guidance based on your experience.Also Can I contact you offline?
rkad

No Title

Good luck to you all. Having been through similar frustrations with TSC, I can only counsel patience and persistence. I dread the thought of having to deal with the INS again when I start the naturalization process.