Which One?

shamur

Registered Users (C)
I am doing research in vision. Glaucoma - prevent blindness- at a university. 2 papers, 8 abstract, first author 3. I am a doctor MD( graduate ). I have no PG/PhD. Currently doing my fellowship in visual science research in US. Have 4yrs experience in the field, 2 yrs in home country, 11/2-2yrs in the US. No papers in home country.
Will I qualify for any priority Immigration category?
Will it be a problem to qualify as I don\'t have Masters.

Are you US MD

If you have an MD from US, then only can you have a Doctor before your name since you do not have Ph.D. An MD from overseas is not the same and is not recognized here. If you do not have an MS, then LC is the only way to go.

Which category should I go for ?

I am doing research in vision. Glaucoma - prevent blindness- at a university. 2 papers, 8 abstract, first author 3. I am a doctor MD( graduate ). I have no PG/PhD. Currently doing my fellowship in visual science research in US. Have 4yrs experience in the field, 2 yrs in home country, 11/2-2yrs in the US. No papers in home country.
Will I qualify for any priority Immigration category?
Will it be a problem to qualify as I don\'t have Masters. But some consider graduation in medicine equal to Masters / PhD ?

Try LC

You can try Labor certification. you do not have a degree for EB-1. So might try EB2 if the job requirement specified it when you applied.

my opinion

Since you have a fellowship, so your MD degree is recognized as a DOCTERATE degree in USA even you got it from outside USA. If I am not wrong, you have gone through tests of step 1, step 2 etc, residency, then in a fellow program in medicine. If that is the case, you should try to ask people who have high ranks to help your petition. I suggest you go NIW (MDs are needed in USA).

I disagree

I am in the same boat and I cannot use the prefix "Dr" since I do not ECFMG certification as of now. An MD from overseas can get you a fellowship and would not be a problem for H1 (5.5 years degree) but certainly cannot make you a Dr in the US. Moreover MDs are not needed here unless they are employed in an underserved area. Also this would be based on ECFMG certification. If you have it then you are a US MD.