Which one to stamp foreign visa or entry stamp/exit stamp?OCI passport or US passport

saf

I am curious..

Instead of using foreign passport or US passport of Indian origins, can OCI passport be stamped with foreign visa to travel or with foreign entry/exit stamp?

My friend and his family (who also have OCI passports) entered Israel for vacation using US passports with Israeli airport entry stamp/exit stamps. Few months later, he and his family were flying from USA to Kuwait (one of the countries doesn't recognize Israel). An officer of airport passport control in Kuwait got angry when he saw Israeli entry/exit stamps on their US passports. They were refused an entry and were ordered to go back to USA. Instead of going back to USA, they were able to enter Dubai where their relatives live (visa control didn't notice Israeli entry/exit stamp). but they would like to visit Kuwait.

I read the internet facts (http://wikitravel.org/en/Middle_East)
Many countries in the region do not recognize the state of Israel for many reasons. These nations may refuse you entry if you have an Israeli visa or an Israeli stamp in your passport, or even a visa for another country that was issued in Israel. The Israeli authorities will generally help you avoid problems by providing a visa as a separate document so it is not in the passport, however this has been dicontinued; see the Israel article for details.

other internet (http://www.thecareerbreaksite.com/where-to-go/middle-east.php): An Israeli stamp in your passport can cause problems in some other Middle Eastern countries. If you hold a UK passport or USA passport, you can get a spare one - otherwise, you will have to visit Israel last.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious..

Instead of using foreign passport or US passport of Indian origins, can OCI passport be stamped with foreign visa to travel or with foreign entry/exit stamp?

My friend and his family (who also have OCI passports) entered Israel for vacation using US passports with Israeli airport entry stamp/exit stamps. Few months later, he and his family were flying from USA to Kuwait (one of the countries doesn't recognize Israel). An officer of airport passport control in Kuwait got angry when he saw Israeli entry/exit stamps on their US passports. They were refused an entry and were ordered to go back to USA. Instead of going back to USA, they were able to enter Dubai where their relatives live (visa control didn't notice Israeli entry/exit stamp). but they would like to visit Kuwait.

I read the internet facts (http://wikitravel.org/en/Middle_East)
Many countries in the region do not recognize the state of Israel for many reasons. These nations may refuse you entry if you have an Israeli visa or an Israeli stamp in your passport, or even a visa for another country that was issued in Israel. The Israeli authorities will generally help you avoid problems by providing a visa as a separate document so it is not in the passport, however this has been dicontinued; see the Israel article for details.

other internet (http://www.thecareerbreaksite.com/where-to-go/middle-east.php): An Israeli stamp in your passport can cause problems in some other Middle Eastern countries. If you hold a UK passport or USA passport, you can get a spare one - otherwise, you will have to visit Israel last.

OCI card is NOT a passport, in fact having OCI is not the same as having Indian citizenship, so I don't know what the connection of this issue (Israeli visa or entry/exit stamps, that is) is with OCI.

OCI booklet is not a passport -its just an OCI certificate.
The OCI visa sticker is pasted in your foreign passport like a visa sticker of any other country.
You do NOT become a dual citizen of India and any other country.
Indian constitution does NOT allow dual citizenship.

So your question is not valid. With OCI, you still have only one passport - the foreign passport. So all stamps will be in that passport only.
(Unless you are really asking for help with Israeli visa stamp situation in Middle East, in which case this is the wrong forum for your question)

Hope that information removes your confusion.