Which one is better Spouse Visa or Student ???

D1D1S1

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am US citizen would like to understand what is the best option to bring my would be wife in USA. As I have seen Spouse visa takes 6-12 months. Under this circumstances can I ask my would be wife to come on student visa and then get married here, once that is done can I apply for her permanent residency (GC) status.

Please advise, I am sure this question might have been discussed earlier on this forum but I could not find good thread.

Spouse/fiance visa will work out cheaper in the long run....while it may take 6-12 months, think about the costs involved with the alternative.

International tuition fees will be incredibly high for your would be wife.

Your would be wife might not even be issued a student visa since she is engaged to a US citizen. What passport does she hold?

As I have seen Spouse visa takes 6-12 months. Under this circumstances can I ask my would be wife to come on student visa and then get married here, once that is done can I apply for her permanent residency (GC) status.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think they have their own advantage and disadvantages. just try to study them well and you decide for yourself

Well I have a question for you: which one is better, marrying first and applying for a spousal visa, or applying for your fiance to come to the states?

i think it would be better if you apply for Spouse or Fiance Visa instead of Student Visa. In fact you have plans marrying too right.

Last edited by a moderator: