which k-visa would be appropriate

Kariana

Registered Users (C)
My boyfriend from Italy is visiting me for a couple of months and we just found out I am pregnant. While we were already moving in the direction of marriage, this kind of puts a rush on getting him to being able to stay with me in the United States. He is here of course on a tourist visa, and from all the information I have been reading it seems it would not be wise for us to get married while he is here. Or would that not be the case. Essentially we are looking for being able to spend the least amount of time apart as he would like to be able to be with me - especially now. I know we can go the K-1 route but do we have other options that I can consider?

Thanks in advance :D

You definitely can get married in the US without problems, but it might not be wise to adjust status. You may get married and file I-130 petition stating that he will be applying for consular processing in Italy. In this case he will be fine as long as no-immigrant status is being maintaned.
Once the I-130 petition is approved you can start applying for K-3 visa which you both may consider so for him to be able to come visit you before the immigrant visa is granted.

Thanks for all the replies. I was wondering if someone could give me a breakdown on what it means to have a cosponsor for k-1 visa. I understand what it means but what all does it imply. I am looking to go this route and just would like to know what will lie ahead.

Thanks

also a quick question about filling out the I-129 form. My boyfriend/fiance is currently visiting and the form asks for the Arrival/Departure Record (I-94) Number - its at the bottom of the first page. Now the form has a number on it but it doesnt fit into the boxes provided (its too short) is this the number they are referring too?

Please provide the exact question number you are referring to.

also a quick question about filling out the I-129 form. My boyfriend/fiance is currently visiting and the form asks for the Arrival/Departure Record (I-94) Number - its at the bottom of the first page. Now the form has a number on it but it doesnt fit into the boxes provided (its too short) is this the number they are referring too?

the exact question is number 12 referring to the 2nd part of the questions. Linked is a snippet of the form - let me know if you have trouble viewing the image

http : // moonlightdestiny.com/129snip.jpeg gonna have to take out the spaces only way i could include the link sorry :x

You need to put in the 11 digits number which is printed on the uper left corner of the arrival-departure record. each digit goes in a box. I hope that helped.