Which documents to be sent India for NORI

betkoppa

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have received attasted received copies of "Statement" and "Affidavit" should be notarized from Indian Consulate at Chicago. Now, I have to send them to India (three departments) and get it them back.

My concern is.. which are the documents I have to send with the statement and affidavit? Is there any check list? Do I need to send some return envilop with this? Is there any fee?

Please inform me. Thank you.

Vinay

Vinay

I sent all attested documents to my parents in India and they went personally to all depts and got it done. If u hav plenty of time, u can send it directly to the authorities...if not, (like my case), better u get it done thru some relative in India cos it might take lot of time. Below is my timeline

Dec. 6 - Documents sent to parents in India
Dec. 11 - Documents taken personally to All 3 authorities
Dec. 22 - HRD, New Delhi NORI recieved ( One copy sent to Consulate directly)
Jan. 2 - Passport Office, Chandigarh NORI recieved (one copy sent directly to consulate)
Jan. 2 - Home Dept. NORI recieved
Jan. 3 - Documents sent to my US address
Jan. 8 - Documents Recieved and sent to Consulate for further processing

Good Luck to u.

If u r sending documents directly, just include a copy of ur data page of Passport, though its not mandatory.

Thanks a lot for the information. Did your parents personally took the papers to the consulate and even to MHRD?

Thanks for the information.

Vinay

ouerry about attestation of statement and affidavit for NORI

HI ALL,

I have got 3 sets of statement and affidavit from consulate general of chicago with their stamp. but in the stamp, its written like '' seen in the consulate general of india, chicago. no responsibility is accepted by this consulate general for the contents of this document.

I just want to know what does they mean by this statement or what they write when they attest the documents.

I m curious whether my documents r attested or not. can i send them to india to different authorities?

thanks in advance

yes, ur documents r attested. The reason for writing that statement is that they really dont wanna take responsibility of the contents. For example, if u have taken a loan and u didn't mention it on those certificates, ofcourse the consulate doesn't know anythin abt it and there isn't enuff time to verify everythin mentioned on those certificates by u e.g. ur address, affidavit statements etc.

This is just a formailty to keep themselves away from any future problems. U r good to send ur documents to India.

Good Luck.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Can u plz tell me wat documents we need to submit other than this statement and affidavit.

I m not sure if u r sending it directly to authorities or any relatives back home. If ur sending it to Authorities, u may include a copy of ur passport data page and any other supporting documents like u hav taken loan, include a copy of loan clearence frm Bank. As far as criminal investigations r concerned, u dont hav to worry abt that as ur state's home dept. will do that by itself.

Let me know if u hav more questions.

Dheeraj

Thanks a lot.
im planning to send the papers 2 my parents,n they will submit personally.

i dint take any loan, but i heard i need 2 send my academic certificates for their verification n also i dont know the exact address of mhrd n home dept of state. i belong 2 haryana. if u ve information regarding dis plz lemme know.

Thanks for the reply

nasho said:
Thanks a lot.
im planning to send the papers 2 my parents,n they will submit personally.

i dint take any loan, but i heard i need 2 send my academic certificates for their verification n also i dont know the exact address of mhrd n home dept of state. i belong 2 haryana. if u ve information regarding dis plz lemme know.

Thanks for the reply

I m also frm Haryana. MHRD is located in Shastri Bhawan, but frm there ur parents will be directed to another place in Connaught Place, but once they shld visit Shastri Bhawan which is located in the heart of New Delhi (very close to Air force headquarter).

Home Dept is located in Haryana Secretariat in Chandigarh. I dont hav exact address right now but I can request my parents to provide me their address for u.

Good Luck

Thanks a lot for the information. I think my parents will be able 2 figure out the address.

the other thing i wanted 2 know what other documents i need 2 send .

n as u said they send one copy to our us address how they will know my us address? will they take it frm my statement or affidavit? or do i need to mention it separately. n also do i need 2 send the proof of my present address in us like sm utility bill or lease agrrement.

please reply soon

thanks

nasho said:
Thanks a lot for the information. I think my parents will be able 2 figure out the address.

the other thing i wanted 2 know what other documents i need 2 send .

n as u said they send one copy to our us address how they will know my us address? will they take it frm my statement or affidavit? or do i need to mention it separately. n also do i need 2 send the proof of my present address in us like sm utility bill or lease agrrement.

please reply soon

thanks

No, u dont need to send any proof of ur US address as ur statement and affidavit already hav it notarised and attested. I didn't send any extra documents to my parents, but they had copies of everything (like passport, visa stamp, education loan statements etc), so I m not sure wat exactly they provided to the authorities there.

And yes, they will know abt US addres frm affidavit.

By the way, I've already got exact addresses of all authorities frm my parents. Let me know if u need those.

yeah ofcourse, that would be a great favour if u tell me the exact address, actually i was trying hard 2 find them online,

thanks
waiting for ur reply

Government of Haryana
Home Department

Haryana Civil Secretariat
Chandigarh - 160001

Government of India
Ministry of External Affairs
Regional Passport Office

SCO 28-32, Sector 34-A
Chandigarh
Tel: 0172-2602046
Fax: 0172-2601863
Email: rpo.chandigarh@mea.gov.in

Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development
(Dept. of Higher Education)

A-2/W-4 Curzon Road Barracks
Kasturba Gandhi Marg
New Delhi - 110001

tons of thanks n gd luck.

still one question?
is the add for MHRD the same, that u told tomorrow ie shashtri bhawan?

The addresses I've provided in the last reply is not the same ''Shastri Bhawan". Thats wat I was talkin abt. My parents were directed to this Kasturba Gandhi Marg address frm Shastri Bhawan. But u knw wat?... As far as I know both addresses r not far frm each other. I myself hav been there many times. I wud suugest u to go to Shastri Bhawan first.

I think u shld know one more thing. I donno if u r frm Chandigarh or not. If u r not, it wud be quite hectic for ur parents to run btween ur city and Chandigarh. So my suggestion is, tell ur parents to organise the time as for example Passport office hav limited timings to accept any applications (I think frm 10-12pm, check their website for exact timings), so if they reach their later they may hav to face the closed door.

My parents didn't hav much probs in all three places as my dad had some good contacts there, but I was told by them that for general ppl it might be very hectic and time consuming. Not trying to scare but making u aware.

yes u r v right, as to get my passport, i had a hard time i remember, so i ll tell them 2 go accordingly.

i dont know if there r specific timings for home dept too.

tell any other imp information, if u ve smthing in mind.
thanks