which doc proves status after H1/H4/EAD/AP expires ?

garu1gsr

Registered Users (C)
When on AOS, how do you prove that you that you are
on valid status if H1/H4/EAD/AP expired..will 485 receipt
be good enough ?

You can not prove this to a normal guy outside of INS. Only INS guy can make out by looking at your file that you are under AOS and still on valid status. Otherwise there is no way you can prove. Since if you see any body can show that he/she had applied for AOS but where is the prove that it is still pending at INS or it has not been denied. It might be possible that it has been denied and you are now showing the denial letter.

And I am nor aware of any process by which you can have a letter from saying that your case is pending, but yes if you send an query to INS and in reply you get a FAX saying that your case is still pending, but again that will be valid for today only.

garu1gsr,

Depends on why you want to prove Adjustee status. For a simple case, you could probably just get a letter/email from your lawyer which should be enough. To people more skeptical, a copy of the 485 receipt and the address of the INS status checker website could suffice.

Other than that, there is no reason for you to prove adjustee status to anyone that I can think off.

vipsha and 140

thanks for the response...let me explain you the situation...
My wifes AOS is pending and all the above mentioned
have expired. AP and EAD are still pending...she is about to
get a volunteer position in a Medical College under a prof...
no money involved..but I am pretty sure that they would
ask her for some status document which will prove that
she is a legal in this country....am not sure if they would
accept 485 receipt, expired EAD and new EAD receipt...
She cannot get an IEAD...as we live in NY area and our
addr on app is CA address and local office has asked
us to go to a local office in CA.....so am just trying to
put up a good case when she goes to the College to meet
the professor...

I think idea of getting a letter from your lawyer is good enough to prove that your wife's case is pending in this case. Since your wife is not earning any thing so that should be OK. Moreover she can take EAD, 485 receipts anyway those things you are already taking with you.

Good luck