Which authority in the county can do USCIS inquiry ?

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
I was debating with a H1B+I140 friend last night, and he thought that he can understand that USCIS faces backlogs. However, the fact that we do not have a mere, rough estimate or word from USCIS on when cut-off dates are supposed to advance represents, is his opinion, a sign that USCIS/Government is doing that to make our life miserable and push some of us out by frustration. I do not endorse those views necessarily.

Well, here is the case, isn't there any authority in this country able to do a simple INQUIRY to figure out how many visas are pending at DOL+USCIS, actual rate of processing, and from there figure out when EB3 cut-off dates will advance ? That estimative would be so important, because we could at minimum plan our lives and take off if things look too gloom.

I read that not even the USCIS Ombudsman can inquiry about USCIS statistics. How about Pres. Bush ? Just wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with your fren ...

marlon2006 said:
I was debating with a H1B+I140 friend last night, and he thought that he can understand that USCIS faces backlogs. However, the fact that we do not have a mere, rough estimate or word from USCIS on when cut-off dates are supposed to advance represents, is his opinion, a sign that USCIS/Government is doing that to make our life miserable and push some of us out by frustration. I do not endorse those views necessarily.

Well, here is the case, isn't there any authority in this country able to do a simple INQUIRY to figure out how many visas are pending at DOL+USCIS, actual rate of processing, and from there figure out when EB3 cut-off dates will advance ? That estimative would be so important, because we could at minimum plan our lives and take off if things look too gloom.

I read that not even the USCIS Ombudsman can inquiry about USCIS statistics. How about Pres. Bush ? Just wondering.

marlon,

I agree with your fren's views. The immigration process is the least transparent process in the US. The reasons are two fold. Lack of transparency helps the DOS and USCIS hide their incompetencies. The other reason is that the US govt is not really in favor of immigration but wants to project the image of being immigrant friendly. The only way this can be achieved is to have a broken immigration system that looks fair on the outside but is a total maze on the inside. An unfair and unreliable immigration system ensures that a lot of immigrants get turned away. If you give it a thought, almost all the stupid clauses in this immigration system are setup to let people in and then force them out. The system ensures that about 40% of the people never become permanent residents.

As for finding out the details of the USCIS and DOS stats. The Congress and the President can do that but they will not. They are not interested in the real problem. They are worried about the next election.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys this is exactly the issue : Retrogession is not about nbrs but about 'intent' and 'will'. If it were about nbrs USCIS would simply give you a 'tentative' movement of dates instead of rambling 'Due to increased demand...blah..blah..'
One thing is for sure : In a post 9/11 World I don't know about the 'intentions' but the 'will' certainly is not there. Immigration is simply not 'welcome' in this country anymore.
And this is exactly the reason nobody can predict the priority dates, it could be 2 mos for ur date or 2 years! : We can only predict one thing : This 'climate' is not about to change anytime soon! Make your choices accordingly.

Congressmen cannot inquiry stats to USCIS. I think the Attorney General (Alberto Gonzales) and the President can if they wanted to. I think I will send a latter to Mr. Gonzales.

Folks, I think so too that is too strange that the USCIS doesn't give us estimate cut-off dates. I thought about sending them a letter, but hey, if that is the case they may even receive a letter, get upset and delay things even further.

Letter ...

marlon2006 said:
Congressmen cannot inquiry stats to USCIS. I think the Attorney General (Alberto Gonzales) and the President can if they wanted to. I think I will send a latter to Mr. Gonzales.

Folks, I think so too that is too strange that the USCIS doesn't give us estimate cut-off dates. I thought about sending them a letter, but hey, if that is the case they may even receive a letter, get upset and delay things even further.

marlon,

I am sure most of the letters (99%) they receieve are sent direclty to a shreder or straight into the garbage bin. I have written numerous letters, I have called numerous times, I have done everything my friend. At long last I have given up and have figured out that all that I did was useless. I have convinced myself that I will just have to wait my turn. Over the past year or so I have been concentrating on keeping up with new developments and sharing my experience. I do that because it makes me feel a little better. Everything else about this process stinks.

regards,

saras