Which Attorney to consult

InLabor

Registered Users (C)
I had applied for 485 in November of 2000. receipt date is Dec 2000. and then the company shutdown in Jan of 2001.

From talking to attorneys at that time, no one was clear about what AC21's effect would be. I found another job immediately , field for my H1 and filed for labor in May 2001. This is in Colorado SESA. With the backlog from 245 my labor has just been stagnating.

Out of the blue I got a fp notice in September 2002 and went and did my fp. I just checked the status of my case with the INS and it still says it is under processing. I did check with the FBI and my finger print results were sent back on the same day to the INS.

The problem I have now is that the attorney that originially filed the case with says he does not represent me.

My dilema is should I just consult my attorneys who are currently doing the labor for my new employer about the original 485 or should I hire a new one specifically for that case.

The old attny has made it clear he does not want to handle this case even if I were to pay him to represent me, though I am not sure why he would do that as my previous employer has shutdown and the company is not there anymore.

The main concern is in case there is an RFE for something trivial like requiring an affidavit for my birth certificate or something any attny should be able to send it for me.

The INS has not still asked me for job employment which is kind of strange I think as talking to some of my friends they got a letter asking for employment letters along with the fp notice.

Any advice here would help.

Thanks

Re : Inlabor,

All that you need now to do is ensure that your present employer gives you a letter with the job discription similar to your approved LC of your old employer.

Under AC21 portability provisions your case will certainly get approved and you can continue to work for your present employer with your GC in place.

You may consult Rajeev Khanna or Sheela Murthy for this purpose. These two are good attorneys who can get you through this ordeal.

Good luck !