• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Which are your reasons for emigration?

have a little question? I know it has nothing to do with this thread but I must ask, because I haven` found the answer anywhere.

Are they really looking on every detail on our photos that we upload on our application for DV Lottery?
On my photo I smile a little, or better said, you can see on my lips that I`m smiling a little, and everybody said to me you will be disqualified because you can see a little smile? I remember when I first applied for the Lottery and a man who`s background on the photo was blue was selected and got the GC.
So please if someone can answer, people start to scary me slowly :(
Don't worry, a little smile is not gonna hurt you. What they don't want to see is a wide open smile that exposes your teeth, the way Americans used to pose in their ID pictures. The U.S. government uses facial recognition software on any photograph they come across, including the ones in passports and driver's licenses. In order to do a valid comparison, everyone has to wear the same expression.

Now, if you're lucky enough to be called for a visa interview, just remember to wear a plain expression on your face for the picture they ask you to bring. Your local U.S. embassy usually has a regular photo shop in the neighborhood that's familiar with the requirements.

Because I feel at home there. I studied there, and worked there a couple years. Even spent time with the veterans, and love those old guys. It's not about money (well... a little), not about supporting a family back home. It's about enjoying the culture, the lifestyle and the friends I love there.