which address to mail RFE?

karma700

Registered Users (C)
The RFE notice has instructions to mail to a different address (at the botoom left corner) than the address on the envelope USCIS provided to mail RFE!!

So which address to mail to? My guess is to mail in the envelope provided (its a special envelope for RFE) and ignore the address on the notice.

Please suggest!! Since the RFE is only for Medical form (I-693 supplement), I am not hiring lawyer to reply RFE..

Do you have to mail the RFE documents yourself or will the lawyer do it? Which is better ? Timewise, I understand our doing it directly is faster. But which is better ? Does INS have care or have a preference?

karma700 said:
The RFE notice has instructions to mail to a different address (at the botoom left corner) than the address on the envelope USCIS provided to mail RFE!!

So which address to mail to? My guess is to mail in the envelope provided (its a special envelope for RFE) and ignore the address on the notice.

Please suggest!! Since the RFE is only for Medical form (I-693 supplement), I am not hiring lawyer to reply RFE..

I guess to the address on the special enclosed envelop. You need to submit your original RFE with information and your cover letter in the enclosed envelop.

thanx gcusa99!!

gcusa99 said:
I guess to the address on the special enclosed envelop. You need to submit your original RFE with information and your cover letter in the enclosed envelop.

I assume the cover letter states the obvious, some details about the case and request for early approval.. anything I missed.. :confused:

from uscis.gov web site

found the following:

NOTE: IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT THE LETTER REQUESTING EVIDENCE BE RETURNED WITH THE EVIDENCE AND THAT THE SPECIAL MAILING ENVELOPE PROVIDED BE USED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF THE CASE AND MAY RESULT IN A DENIAL DUE TO ABANDONMENT. Evidence submitted without the letter and/or proper return mailing envelope will be difficult to match up with the pending case and may be treated as general correspondence.