Where to send I-485? NSC or TSC?; affidavit fo support: I-864 or I-134?

kumarbr2000

Registered Users (C)
My EB1-EA (self petition) I-140 was approved by the TSC. So the next obvious step is to file I-485. Do I have to send my I-485 application to NSC? or Can I send it to TSC since my I-140 was approved from there?

A related question: For my wife's I-485, I need to provide an affidavit of support. It turns out there are two forms for that, I-864 and I-134. Which one of the two do I need?

I would appreciate your comments on this.

My EB1-EA (self petition) I-140 was approved by the TSC. So the next obvious step is to file I-485. Do I have to send my I-485 application to NSC? SEND IT TO TSC, THEY WILL PROCESS IT, IGNORE I-485 instructions, READ YOUR APPROVAL NOTICE CAREFULLY IT SAYS, YOU MUST SEDN YOUR 485 TO THE SERVICE CENTER WHICH APPROVED YOUR I-140, SO DO THAT WAY. or Can I send it to TSC since my I-140 was approved from there? ANSWERED ABOVE

A related question: For my wife's I-485, I need to provide an affidavit of support. It turns out there are two forms for that, I-864 and I-134. Which one of the two do I need? I DID NOT FILL THIS NEITHER SEVERAL PEOPLE I KNOW OF, WHO GOT THEIR GC. I USED THIS FORM TO CALL MY PARENTS, TO SUPPORT THEIR VISIT TO USA. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I would appreciate your comments on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Mogambo1,

Do you know which address of TSC I should use for the I-485 submission. The 4141 St. Augustine Rd. in Dallas or address for the general correspondence: PO Box 851488 in Mesquite? I am just getting confused because there is no specific PO Box for TSC I-485. Thanks so much in advance!

PLease check your I-797 approval notice for your I-140, the basis for your application for I-485. Check the address at the bottom left corner of your notice, you should mail your completed I-485 application to that address in TSC.

Just follow their instructions and you will be okay.

Hi Mogambo1,

Do you know which address of TSC I should use for the I-485 submission. The 4141 St. Augustine Rd. in Dallas or address for the general correspondence: PO Box 851488 in Mesquite? I am just getting confused because there is no specific PO Box for TSC I-485. Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mogambo1,

Now that I read it carefully, form I-797 clearly says that we should submit I-485 to the service center which approved the I-140 (TSC in my case).
flyingtiger11: The address at the bottom of the form I-797 is probably a general mailing address. Therefore, it might be a good idea to mention on the enevelop the forms that your package contains (e.g. I-485, I-765 etc.). So that the mail handlers at the service center would forward your package appropriately.

Thanks Mogambo1,

Now that I read it carefully, form I-797 clearly says that we should submit I-485 to the service center which approved the I-140 (TSC in my case).
flyingtiger11: The address at the bottom of the form I-797 is probably a general mailing address. Therefore, it might be a good idea to mention on the enevelop the forms that your package contains (e.g. I-485, I-765 etc.). So that the mail handlers at the service center would forward your package appropriately.

Thanks so much, mogambo1 and kumarbr2000, for your both kind suggestion!!!!

same questions

Hello guys,

I have the exact same question. That is, where should I file the I-485? The instructions are VERY clear on the USCIS website that the I-485 should go to NSC. But I am confused and amazed (good for you though), that TSC will take the applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=52a46c854523d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

I am wondering if TSC is good anymore considering all the VSC to TSC transfers happenning lately?