Where to notorize?

sk2002sk

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

This may not be related to I-485 process - but I thought the audience would be right.

I need to notorize my Indian passport photocopy (to send for passport renewal) - where can you get it notorized in the U.S.?

SK...

Notarize

You can try your bank to get papers notarized. Most of the banks provide this facility free to their customers.

Even city halls have notary person available.

Any bank,credit union will do ..... generally they do for their existing customers and dont forget to carry the original with you and make sure that they also stamp it apart from the signature.

Most Mail Boxes Etc locations have a notary ... they usually charge $10 for every document they notarize. MBE is called the UPS store now ....

Every page?

Thanks for the replies guys. I will try my bank.

For passport - do you they notarize each and every page?

I dont know why you need to notarize the passport copy. I recently got my passport renewed. I did not send any notarized copies.

Sinjeti

The application form asks to send photocopies of first 5 and last 2 pages of the Passport, right? Shouldn't we notarize the photocopies?

Plus they also ask us to send notarized photocopies of EAD card...

Am I missing something?

Guys,

Are we not supposed to send the orginal passport to the consulate. I just sent my passport yesterday.please calrify.

Thanks

sinjeti said:
I dont know why you need to notarize the passport copy. I recently got my passport renewed. I did not send any notarized copies.

To blessu

Yes blessu, you are supposed to send the original passport.

What is the aprox size of the photographs that you sent?
Did you send 4 photographs in total? (1 on application form and 3 extra)

Could you please confirm?

thanks sk,

I am not sure of the size , but in generall it is the passport/visa size.
I attached one on form and additional 2. I think that is given in the web site.
but the web site is too confusing it is lot of contradictions.
and the web site look so dull. how ironic that we are doing IT for the whole world and our country consulate wbe site is so bad.

sk2002sk said:
Yes blessu, you are supposed to send the original passport.

What is the aprox size of the photographs that you sent?
Did you send 4 photographs in total? (1 on application form and 3 extra)

Could you please confirm?

sk2002sk said:
The application form asks to send photocopies of first 5 and last 2 pages of the Passport, right? Shouldn't we notarize the photocopies?

Plus they also ask us to send notarized photocopies of EAD card...

Am I missing something?

You are sending your passport any way, so you do not need to send in a notarized copy of the passport. I did not send a copy of EAD as I also have an H1. I did not notarize that too. In your case getting the EAD notarized should be all that is needed. I heard that they really look for notarized copies of your green card if you have one. Regarding size of te photos- I just sent the standard passport sie, but I cut it to fit to the size on the form, so that it can fit into the pasport.

1)how much fees are we supposed to send for the reneval of the passport?
2)for the reneval of the passport , i know we get the fresh copy of the passport, but does it have new passport # ?

ok. this is indian passport.

thanks