where to get the stamp due to relocation

postgc05

We received the GC approval sent to the old address this week. We moved about a week ago and haven't changed our address yet. However, the area we live now is covered by a different processing center than the previous one. Can we get the stamp at local office? Should we change the address first? Many thanks.

postgc05 said:
We received the GC approval sent to the old address this week. We moved about a week ago and haven't changed our address yet. However, the area we live now is covered by a different processing center than the previous one. Can we get the stamp at local office? Should we change the address first? Many thanks.

Make phone calls to service centers (both at yoru new place and old one
to find out). But make sure your move is legal first.

AmericanWannabe said:
Make phone calls to service centers (both at yoru new place and old one
to find out). But make sure your move is legal first.

Woh, so move can also be illegal!!! How any move can be illegal? Please enlighten us. :D :D :D

qwertyisback said:
Woh, so move can also be illegal!!! How any move can be illegal? Please enlighten us. :D :D :D

Maybe they say "you are not supposed to move during AOS",
especially if the move is legal but it is as a result of some
inappropriate act like job change, etc

AmericanWannabe said:

Which laws say like that?? Even job change is appropriate act with AC-21.

qwertyisback said:
Which laws say like that?? Even job change is appropriate act with AC-21.

Maybe job change is from one area to another.
That is why I said the original poster shoul dmake sure himself.
If everything is fine, then go ahead and make calls

AmericanWannabe said:
Maybe job change is from one area to another.
That is why I said the original poster shoul dmake sure himself.
If everything is fine, then go ahead and make calls

Does AC-21 restricts job change within same area??? This is news to me. Please again enlighten all members. :D :D

AmericanWannabe said:
You are free to move anywhere you like during AOS and you can also change your job

Hipka, "AW" is a senior member and knows about this stuff for sure, I am just wondering why he is posting like that??

qwertyisback said:
Does AC-21 restricts job change within same area??? This is news to me. Please again enlighten all members. :D :D

Sorry, by area I mean field. AC-21 says you can change job within the
same field. If you change your job from a IT software engineer to
a stock broker, then it is not good.

Why even bother? Just go back to the old address and do it there. There will be no problem and no hassle.

postgc05 said:

Thanks for the replies. We are a bit far from the original address (3hr flight) and expecting a baby in four weeks. That is why we try to get it done at local office. Hope to find someone had the same experience.

You don't really need the stamp if you are not planning to travel or switch jobs.

You can get it done after your wife has the baby and is able to fly.

chinabee said:
You don't really need the stamp if you are not planning to travel or switch jobs.

You can get it done after your wife has the baby and is able to fly.

You can only order a physical green card if you go thru such process
as passport stamp and without either GC or PS, you can not
obey the INA 264 (carrying the I-551 all the times)