Where to get the details of Garret's congressional testimony?

peaceinheart

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dima66a
beavis -

From Garret's congressional testimony, 80% of namechecks are done within 3 days, 97% within 120 days, the rest 3% may take several years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

Both mine and my wife's cases are under "detailed review/name check". After sending letters for inquiry to the senator's local office, we finally got a response via senator's effort about our name check status. We were told that our name checks were initiataed on 03/08/2003.... I could hardly find a word to express my frustration. It has taken nearly two years for the FBI to finish our name checks and rediculously, our name checks are still pending there. we're going to write a letter to senator again asking for further help. We have sent inquiries to FBI via emails and so far there is no response. We also sent FOIPA inquiries and the response were got in two weeks, which said they located "no records" for both of us. Based on my understanding, this should mean we are clear in FBI's records. I'm trying to cite some information provided by Garett's testimony in congress. I'll tell the senator that our name checks in FBI has been terribly too long.... I guess if I could provide some solid information to senator, it will be more convincing for the senator to have a push to our stagnant case that are sleeping in FBI. Great thanks in advance for your help and have a happy new year.

wac-03-071-xxxxx
RD: Dec. 30, 2002
ND: Dec. 31, 2003

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very very much dima for your great help

Hi, dimma:
Finally I got some feedback about my inquiries here. :D Thank you very much for your great efforts. That's really a great job. I'll fax these info. to my local senator's office thought the secretary of senator sounds like already a little bored by my inquires. I hope not everyone around me get bored. :eek:
I sincerely wish you'll have a great happy new year.

Thanks again.

peaceinheart said:
Hi, dimma:
Finally I got some feedback about my inquiries here. :D Thank you very much for your great efforts. That's really a great job. I'll fax these info. to my local senator's office thought the secretary of senator sounds like already a little bored by my inquires. I hope not everyone around me get bored. :eek:
I sincerely wish you'll have a great happy new year.

Thanks again.
peaceinheart,
What feedback did you get?
I'm planning to contact Senator Barabara Boxer for help in Name check. Which senator did you contact?

Hi hate140delay, this is the feedback I got...

The feedback I refered in my posting is for dima66a's reply. But I indeed contacted senator John McCain since I'm living in AZ. He digged out some information from CSC about my name check status, which said, both my wife's and my name checks were sent to FBI by CSC on 3/8/2003 and they were still awaiting the results. I was so frustrated because our name checks have taken 22 months that is amazingly long. We ever filed FOIPA (freedom of information action) inquiry to FBI and we got the feedback from FBI which told us that all of us had no records in FBI's system. We also ever sent email to FBI enquring for the name check status but so far there is no response yet. I sent another request to Senator McCain's office asking his help to get the name check status. Now I really don't know what else I could do to wake up those guys who are in charge of our name check process. I saw some old cases were approved recently so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping miracles can also happen upon us too. Good luck to you and again great thanks to dima's great job.

Re: I-485 Namecheck delays

Hi,
My wife and I are also I-485 applicants in the same time-frame from CA.
WAC-03-063-xxxx. We are There has been no "clear" response from BCIS on the exact details of our case except that I believe we have the dreaded "namecheck" delay. The questions I have are
1. I believe that the name check process has two levels of clearance. FBI clearance followed by a BCIS clearance. Is this right? I was led to believe by my attorneys that our cases have cleared the FBI namecheck, but somehow we are pending BCIS clearance. Does this make sense?
2. If the above condition is even valid, then is there any resource available that could provide more details on why such clearances could fail? How does one obtain more information from BCIS adjudication officers without haveing to go through the 3 level FAX enquiry system at CSC - hopelessly inefficient.
3. Is there any resource that could help us to expedite the security clearances other than contacting the state Senate?

Happy New Year to all.

Simplesimon