Where to file AP after case is transferred to local office?

phoenix_us

Registered Users (C)
Now that I am screwed (485 case transferred to Phoenix local office -- where it take 30 months to process it), I think I should get AP for travelling out of country.

Question is, do I apply to CSC or to Phoenix local office?

Local Office

My lawyers files for both AP and EAd renewal, at the SF disctrict office for me, got them approved within 2 weeks.

Re: Local Office

Thanks. That makes me feel better. I will apply to local district office.

Is there anyone else who applied for AP at Phoenix local office?

hi there, did not check this forum for long time.
I did file my AP at local office 2 months ago.
Still waiting for approval.

My wife got her approval within couple of days becoz we showed some emergency !!

Hi I was wondering if you are still in Phoenix. Maybe we can talk sometime.

I have already mailed my application to local office. I was concerned as I never got the receipt. Later I found out from someone that local office will not issue receipt. Seems correct as there was no WAC number on the encashed checks as well.

Also, I was told that it takes about 3 months to get AP from the local office.

Pears, I read one more thread from you where you said your EAD was going to expire on 7th March. Did you go for an iEAD? Care to share the experience? Or send me your email in PM and I will email you.

Also, update your case details in the case transfer area. The URL is http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73273

Hi phoenix_us,
I am also transferring from california to phoenix due to job location change :-(.. My application was filed at CSC with the receipt date 10/04/02 nd have got my AP and got iEAD from local office. I will be using 180 day rule. Question i had was in what circumstances one needs to transfer the case to the local office. Do i need to tranfer my case from CSC to phoenix local office? Because INS would not know about change of address unless you tell them and once you get the approval you can go for the stamping in california :)..

I would appreciate your answer as i m really confused.

Originally posted by phoenix_us
Now that I am screwed (485 case transferred to Phoenix local office -- where it take 30 months to process it), I think I should get AP for travelling out of country.

Question is, do I apply to CSC or to Phoenix local office?

I would say no need to change address at INS, if you have some good friend who will be staying near to your CA address for next couple of months, give his address otherwise chances are there that INS will call you for interview or transfer your case to local INS @ phoenix to schedule for an interview.
Have you done your FP ? If not in that case you will need to come to CA for FP otherwise you can also try to do FP at nearby ASC in phoenix.

Final words should be from your lawyer.

Hi Vipsha,
Thanks for your suggestion. I have friends in CA and luckily my finger printing is done also only thing i have not got my EAD but for that i got iEAD also. I hope my lawyer agrees with your views of not letting INS know of change of address.

Case Tranfer.

Vipsha, i came to know from other posts that your case was transferred from CA to MA. Could you tell me why they transferred the case eventhough you did not do the change of address. In your post, why did you tell me to give address of a friend in CA for 2 months? I would appreciate your answer as i might become a member of case transfer club in a month :)....

Originally posted by vipsha
I would say no need to change address at INS, if you have some good friend who will be staying near to your CA address for next couple of months, give his address otherwise chances are there that INS will call you for interview or transfer your case to local INS @ phoenix to schedule for an interview.
Have you done your FP ? If not in that case you will need to come to CA for FP otherwise you can also try to do FP at nearby ASC in phoenix.

Final words should be from your lawyer.

First of all, you don't transfer the case to local office, BCIS does it. It is their priviledge to screw you, you can't ask for it (why would one ask for it).

If you do tell BCIS about your address change, it might trigger an interview or it might not. No one knows for sure. Before you decide to go ahead and use friend's address, talk to your lawyer. I would think that your lawyer will advice against this.

phoenix_us, i undestand that laywer has to agree for not informing INS about change of address. Given that, you don't do change of address at INS. Continue renewing your EAD and once you get your approval notice ,go for stamping and that time give your friends address for getting the plastic cards. What other circumstances would trigger transfer of the case given that lawyer does not advice for change of address?

Aarny,
I never said that my case was transferred infect I got transferred to MA after I filed my 485 from CSC but I never changed my address at CSC thinking that it will be approved and I will come CA for stamping but it never happened. Just before the interview I changed my address that is too in CA only (where my friend use to live)
My case got transferred to SFO and at the time of interview it was not an issue that why I am leaving in MA.
I got my plastic too at my friends address.

Don't change the address at INS just give forwarding address of your friend at local post office. Since only plastic card can not be forward otherwise all the mail can be forward. If you get the approval then at the time of stamping you can say that send me the cards at phoenix address.

Vipsha, sorry i must have mis-interpreted your post regarding your case transfer. I will try not to change the address. My lawyer had told me that INS does not forward any mails so that would be one reason that i will not get my EAD once it gets approved because i will change my address at local post office. But, this raises one another question that if INS gets the maiil back then they would automatically know about the change of address :-(... and i hope they do not xfer my case...:confused:

Aarny,

As far I know only plastic does not get forward since it is kind of "forward service not requested" mail. All other notices are normal and gets forward. Otherwise also your lawyer will get courtesy copies and it his duty to keep you posted.

But, this raises one another question that if INS gets the mail back then they would automatically know about the change of address

INS will not come to know and they don't care all they will come to know that you have not received not because you have moved. And if they will then in that case also they can not transfer your case to phoenix since your new address will be in CA ( friend of your's who will be staying near to your old address ).

But as I said final words will be and should be from your lawyer.

vipsha/phoenix_us

hey phoenix
don't worry man ... looks like my case is just as yours ....

The fund is after your file gets transfered to the local INS office. If you go to the local office and stand i que for AP/EAD you would be approved.

I and my wife got approved for 1year EAD though my wife did not apply for her EAD earlier.

Also, we applied and got our AP approved on the same day and the officer asked us to come and collect the AP after 10 business days.

Hey, one good thing about this i think man is that .... the same day i got a phone call from the INS officer to schedule an appointment for an interview and he said he will schedule the interview in April for me.

So, go to the INS, ask the INS officer respectfully and the officer would help you out ....

I will suggest f*&^% the lawyers words as my lawyer had told me all bullshit before i went to the INS for the AP/EAD,etc ...

GOOD LUCK bro'

Vipsha - Could you please please tell me about your interview experience as i have an interview in April at the SFO office.

Thankx