Where to file an AP?

GC_TRAP

Registered Users (C)
Hello all!

My I-485 got transferred to a local district office in June 2005. Now, the visa numbers have become retrogressed so I have to wait (maybe for a few years).

Last November I filed for EAD renewal but by mistake sent all the paperwork to NSC, who sat on it for over a month then forwarded it to the local district office saying that since my case got transferred to LDO, that's where the decision will be made. That obviously delayed my application and I had to get some sort of emergency EAD card by making an InfoPass appt and appearing in person.

My question is, should an AP renewal be filed with NSC or the local district office?

Also, is e-filing an option and easier to do? Do I need to drive to the nearest LDO (about three hours away) for anything if I do an e-filing for AP?

I'm sure some of us have become AP and EAD filing experts while we wait for the elusive GCs.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks!

Hi,

You can do this online using your credit card. I did my EAD and AP application online. It may take few attempts since their servers are so busy or outdated. I still prefer the online filing because it is electronic and it will be processed faster than the paper work.

Goto USCIS website and use the E-filling link or just go to this url :

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/eFiling.htm

Best Luck !

Thank you puerthoughts!

In addition, I was also hoping somebody could answer whether a local district office is the preferred place to file the AP because one's case has been transferred there?

Already the delay at the LDO is over 4 months and I'd hate to waste another month or so for NSC to transfer the file there as they did with EAD application.

BTW, I'm only applying for 2nd AP renewal, not EAD.

It appears that the general mood and enthusiasm is down in this forum lately in terms of replies and feedback, rather understandably... :)

Cheers anyway!