Where to apply for EAD renewal (485 is transfered to Newark, NJ)

sai_srinivas

Registered Users (C)
My 485 is transfered to Newark, NJ office in May 2005. Now i need to apply for EAD renewal. Where do i send the application? Do i send it to Nebraska (where originally filed?) or to newark?

Or eFile is better? Please advise.

sai_srinivas said:
My 485 is transfered to Newark, NJ office in May 2005. Now i need to apply for EAD renewal. Where do i send the application? Do i send it to Nebraska (where originally filed?) or to newark?

Or eFile is better? Please advise.
-----if you file with Nebraska they will trasfer it to NJ. better write on cover letter that your file has been trasfred to Newark NJ office and 1-800 NCSC told you to file the EAD renewal with NJ local office as I-485 is with them, attach the online printout or Transfer notice copy with EAD filing papers. file EAD with NJ.

On a safer side apply online at National Benefits Center. I takes about 60 days to get approved. Troubles associated with this are visiting local office for photo and submission of supporting docs by mail.

Any thoughts??

If appy by mail to Nebraska Benefits Center, they will transfer to local office as 485 is pending at Newark. This might take 5-6 months.

If i apply online, there is a question where it asks where my 485 is pending, if i answer it as Newark, then it will generate a receipt number starting with EAC, in which case i will be asked to send the supporting documentation to Vermont and whole process may get delayed.

I am confused. Any thoughts??

Case transfered to DC office

Hi,
I am also in a similar situation. From the september update posted on Rajeev Khanna's website, it looks like we should send the I-765 renewal application to NSC. My wife's case got transfered to local office in Washington DC while her I-485 is pending at Nebraska Service Centre.
Can someone please throw some more input on this?

Thank You very much!!