Where to Apply for EAD and AP?

sizzu

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,:confused:

My case has been transferred from Vermont to Texas service Center.

I live in CA. Where should I send my EAD and AP renewal applications?

Do I've to send it Nebraska or Texas center? Instructions for both EAD and AP led me to believe I've to submit the forms to Nebraska but since my case is pending at Texas, i'm skeptical...Please help me

Thanks,

Why are you skeptical? If their own instructions tell you to send it to Nebraska, then Nebraska it is! The rules have changed since last year, nowhere do they tell you that you must submit your application to the same place where your I-485 is pending...

where your I-485 is pending...

you must submit your application to the same place where your I-485 is pending... ..

I have confirmed with my attorney before i applied..mine was transferred from vsc to tsc and applied at TSC and got it within 45 days...

apol,

You did not send your application to TSC because that is where your case got transferred. That is irrelevant. You sent it to TSC because you are a resident of Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia or Washington, DC.

If you were not a resident of one of those states, your application would have gotten rejected regardless of where your I-485 is. Please don't confuse people. The rules were changed on July 30, 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignore my post in that case please...

But here is my exp with my wife AP

When I was applying for my wife's AP (lately in jan 15th), I contacted my attorney and as per his instructions, I filed where her 485 is pending. (NSC)

I filed at NSC and received receipt notice for her AP.

our cases info : filed at VSC (2003), transferred to TSC (2007, March) now in Jan 2008 transferred to NSC.

Purely my experinence guys..No intention to confuse people around here. Follow the rules and your attorney advice.

Sorry for any confusion guys.

JK0274

FYI,

I have applied my wife's AP at NSC though we live in TX as per attorney's advice. (our 485 has been pending over there, transferred from TSC to NSC in jan' 3 08). NSC hasnt rejected our application.

NSC approved her AP on march 18th

Received Date : Jan 15th 2008
approved Date: March 18th 2008 and received docs today 03 22 08.

Thanks

apol,

You did not send your application to TSC because that is where your case got transferred. That is irrelevant. You sent it to TSC because you are a resident of Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia or Washington, DC.

If you were not a resident of one of those states, your application would have gotten rejected regardless of where your I-485 is. Please don't confuse people. The rules were changed on July 30, 2007.

JK0274

FYI,

I have applied my wife's AP at NSC though we live in TX as per attorney's advice. (our 485 has been pending over there, transferred from TSC to NSC in jan' 3 08). NSC hasnt rejected our application.

NSC approved her AP on march 18th

Received Date : Jan 15th 2008
approved Date: March 18th 2008 and received docs today 03 22 08.

Thanks

Well I guess we were both right, because I've seen others where they've sent their EAD or AP applications to the service center where their I-485s are pending even though they don't live in that Service Center's jurisdiction, and their applications were processed there. However, you could still have applied in Texas and it would have been processed there too (probably faster since TSC tends to be faster than NSC)...

Either way, it is not correct that you must send your EAD and AP applications to the place where your I-485 is pending. It appears that you may do so if you wish, but sending it to the service center that serves your geographic area is also okay (and in fact demanded by USCIS). They must be making exceptions for those who have I-485s pending with them....

My I-485 as well as my wife's are at Nebraska, and we recently applied for new APs as well as EAD renewals at TSC since we live in TSC's geographic area. All our applications got approved very quickly (one AP was approved in 15 days).

Last edited by a moderator: