Where is the Best?

snowman3

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am close to approval (I hope - RD 09/04) and I am thinking of moving to another part of US after getting "Green".
Can you guys share the experiences about different states, chances of getting a job etc.
We live in NJ and are sick of it...
Thanks!!!

Vermont or Maine

They are the best states. Not very expensive and good life. Colder though. But try those places.

Tennessee....Especially Nashville...

We were there for 6 months in last Summer.
The place is beutiful. City with no crowded downtowns...
May not get salary figures matching NJ number, but will save more what you do(did) at NJ( this may not be a concern but in case)

not $$$

Thanks a lot. Sounds nice. We look for a life with more spice. NJ is veeeeery boring and people here are ignorant (especially for
immigrants...) and provincial.

More voices are welcome

I am thinking of moving to Raleigh, North Carolina...

Just thought that housing is cheap....:)don\'t think I can afford to buy a house in Massachusetts...I heard that there are high-tech jobs available in Raleigh...

Dude,,,,,,,,Ramapuram (u know what i mean) for peace!

As long as you live in U.S. you r going to
1. miss peace of mind for ever
2. have to waste time by watching all the junk movies in the world
3. have to work/live as a second class citizen (u know what i mean)
4. have to spend 5% of your time on phone
5. have to miss clean water / fresh air /green farms
6. spend5 % of time watching sports
and lot more but you miss the essence of invaluable personal touch in this materialistic world.

If you want to live in U.S. i welcome you to Virginia/Maryland area for Job flexibility, transport, weather and affordable house and others.

Guys/Gals , don\'t take it to your heart about my opinion of U.S. living and this is just my personal opinion. I am not trying to discourage anyone here...

Just my thoughts and your thoughts more than welcome.

agree with You

but still looking for more cultural and valuable life here. This is why i am asking that question.

1 advice for You: I watched american TV for first 2 years here and I felt that my brain is smaller. After what i
discovered I disconnected all US channels and got SAT TV. Now I have only 1 (international) TV channel and 1 foreign
radio station and feel better......

You should re-consider NJ

Snowman .. I do not know which part of NJ you are in. You should re-consider NJ for some of these reasons, which are solely based for the the sake of job seeking opportunities. Lots of industries (esp. pharma) within NJ. Short commute to NYC by train. Also short commute to another major city in PA i.e. Philadelphia by train / car.

I am in NJ presently. But I did move around a bit and somehow felt NJ gives us the best chance to retain some of our Indian culture. Besides the various Indians and Indian grocery stores / restaurants / temples, etc there are also various places where children can learn about the Great Indian culture we have come from. (I do not know if you have kids. ) My daughter goes for Bharat Natyam classes, available at various locations in NJ and really enjoys it.

Also in the above note, I am not trying sell you the idea of staying in NJ. In a way I am trying to justify my choice-of-location in the US. Will be checking on this discussion, to understand the opinions of others.

I suggest Pittsburgh , PA

rents in Pittsburg are $750 for double bed , its a small and nice city to leave , Pittsburgh has almost 40 to 50 Big clients for IT professionals and first of all its in heart of the eastern Area . i mean
Pittsburgh is in center to NC/NJ/NY/CT/OH/Detroit/Verginia/Washington etc etc

Atlanta...

Multi-cultural, southern hospitality; tropical weather; beautiful green landscapes; cheap housing; lot of opportunities

I will suggest MD/VA/DC area

because lot of job oppurtunities especially in Northern VA area and Fairfax county is the best place to live.

Sick of NJ too!

I\'m looking for the \'car life\', a little more relaxed, not too relaxed
though. Considering Herndon/Reston, VA or Atlanta, GA. But I long for a beach nearby. FL has no jobs and is too down south.

Does anyone know if the 485 will be affected if you change cities/states?

Yes NJ is not for human...

Not sure about your 485, but i\'d wait till approved (even i know how you feel here).