where is my real priority date????

vjanicek

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am over 21 unmarried sponsored by my father, an american citizen. My priority date is Dec 22, 2006 and now I see that the current Priority date in the USCIS site is march 2005 but one weird thing is that if I go to the page of the California Service Center(the SC where I filed my i-130), it tells me this:

"""
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21 September 27, 2007
"""

and before that, I read this:

"""
IMPORTANT: If your receipt notice date is earlier then the processing date shown, we suggest you call our USCIS Customer Service Office at 1-800-375-5283 for assistance.
"""

and obviously it is! does that mean that I can go and have my father file the I-824?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I am over 21 unmarried sponsored by my father, an american citizen. My priority date is Dec 22, 2006 and now I see that the current Priority date in the USCIS site is march 2005 but one weird thing is that if I go to the page of the California Service Center(the SC where I filed my i-130), it tells me this:

"""
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21 September 27, 2007

What you saw at the CSC web site is the processing time, which is an approximate indicator of how long they are taking to approve the I-130. So on average, they are now approving the I-130's in that category (unmarried son or daughter over 21) which were filed around September 2007.

The visa bulletin is a different thing; it shows when you become eligible for the final stage -- either a consular interview or adjustment of status. According to your other thread, your I-130 is already approved (as it should be, since it was filed before Sept. 2007), but you still have to wait for the visa bulletin to cross your priority date before you can proceed to the next stage.

and obviously it is! does that mean that I can go and have my father file the I-824?
Are you inside or outside the US? If inside, legally or illegally? If you're inside legally and expect to continue to be inside the US legally when your PD is current, don't bother with the I-824, because you'll probably be able to stay in the US for adjustment of status (I-485).

If you are outside the US or expect to be outside the US when they cross your priority date, the I-824 will not be necessary if he already selected a consulate for question 22 of the I-130. If he didn't select a consulate there, he should file I-824 soon to transfer your case to the consulate, but you still will have to wait for the visa bulletin to cross your priority date before you become eligible for the final stage with the interview and the related formalities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am outside of the US in a country that is not listed as an exception country and I don't think is the same threat because the other one I was asking how much time I had left for my PD to become current

Yes, this thread has a different question, but it's still related to the same situation -- the I-130 your father filed for you and how it relates to priority dates. If you have multiple questions related to the same situation, it's better for you (not just us) to post them in the same thread.

If you post them in separate threads, people lose the background information of your situation (for example, in your other thread you mentioned the I-130 was approved, but you didn't say that here), and may give you an irrelevant answer or ask you more questions before giving their answer. Or they get annoyed by seeing multiple threads by the same person for the same situation, so they don't give an answer.

Sorry for that, it won't happen again

Another question: I don't remember what I put in question 22 of my i-130 form and I'm outside the US (I enter the us every few months with a valid b1-b2 visa). Should I go and file the I-824 soon to make sure they transfer my case to the consulate in my city?