Where is my case?

mvk2002

Registered Users (C)
I received the following email on Dec 29th 2004.
---
Receipt Number: EAC032155xxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On December 29, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in BOSTON, MA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in BOSTON, MA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
---

I received the following email today (18 Feb 2005)
---

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On February 18, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
---

I am puzzled about where my case is now.

But the online status says
---
Note: Case Status is available for Applications and Petitions which were filed at USCIS Service Centers. If you filed at a USCIS Local Office, your case status may not be reviewable online but for processing times on forms filed at that Office please, click here.
---

Does today's email shows that my case is received in Boston office today?

Thanks for the inputs

mvk2002 said:
I received the following email on Dec 29th 2004.
---

Current Status:

On December 29, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in BOSTON, MA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in BOSTON, MA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
---

I received the following email today (18 Feb 2005)
---

Current Status:

On February 18, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
---

I am puzzled about where my case is now.

But the online status says
---
Note: Case Status is available for Applications and Petitions which were filed at USCIS Service Centers. If you filed at a USCIS Local Office, your case status may not be reviewable online but for processing times on forms filed at that Office please, click here.
---

Does today's email shows that my case is received in Boston office today?

Thanks for the inputs

Yes, Boston office has received your case today. But I was hoping that you would get emails when the case is first transferred from Vermont to Boston. I dont know howcome it took almost 2 months for your case to move from Vermont to Boston.

I would advise you to get an infopass after a couple of weeks go to Boston and check to see if they have your case atleast in Boston rather than to see surprises later.

But your 2nd message is still weird, which takes 540 days to process your case.. With INS we never know what is going on.. Dont loose hope, go to local Boston Office in the next 2 weeks..

Case Transferred in Sept 2004

My case got transferred to Atlanta in 09/27/2004 but still my file is in VSC and they are saying that it will take 6-12 months to transfer file to Atlanta office. I don't know what to do? .If anybody have any ideas please update me

RD:06/24/02
ND:06/26/02
FP1:08/30/02
Transferred to ATL:09/27/04 but still file is in VSC

Thanks.

Took the infopass appointment after 2 weeks. Mine and my son's are transferred and received simillar emails.

But my wife's did not get tranferred. Her status still shows FP received.

Don't go by the online stauses too much. My case got transferred to Atlanta on 11/17 and the letter said they received the file on 01/10 and Atlanta office sent me the interview letter the same day and rest is history (check my signature).
Hoping for the best for you guys who are waiting.

My case according to the USCIS website was transferred oct 31st 03 a senator enquiry done in oct 04 came back with the info that the case was not received in hartford until Aug 04 and a congress enquiry came back sept 04 ??? really driving me nuts there is a 10-11 month gap and no one is answering questions..