Where does NVC stop CP processing for Priority Date to be current?

i also had a recent 140 approval and was able to confirm that it reached NVC from their 24 hour automated answering line using the cis receipt number.

i believe the 3032 and fee bill will reach the attorney - curious how much time is it took for others ?

also had a question about I-864 in the packet 3 requirements -
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3197.html

- do i need to retrieve tax records from irs for this ? how many years ?
- do i need to document assets in addition to income ?
(i have no dependants and filed under eb2)

thanks for any clarification.

the I-864 question was already answered by very_hopeful here -
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1724612#post1724612

Sorry for reviving this old thread. But, it has been more than 3 months since my I140 was approved and I still do not have any update from NVC. NVC automated message states this:
"Immigrant visa fee bill was generated on July 16th, 2007 and will be sent within the next few weeks."

The fee bill was generated on 16th July and it is now more than 6 weeks. What should I do next? My lawyer says they have not received any fee bill. Is this normal? Is INS waiting for visa numbers in my case? If so, why would they have generated the fee bill to begin with?

Thanks
Ravi

Call NVC and they will send it again if it is lost. Happened with mine. Called them after 1 year. Did not care to check earlier as the PDs were way back. So when I checked with NVC about visa fee bill; they sent it again as the earlier packet was lost. Never reached my attorneys office. It generally takes 3 weeks before you get any mail from NVC after they updated the automated message. If it is 4 weeks; definitely talk to them.

Hope this helps!

Nvc

Hi Guys,

Anyone is in similar situation? My NVC case was created on July 25th. Since that no update in the automated voice message system. Based on cptracker.com other people's cases (created in late July) seem to be moving ahead.
I contacted NVC by email to change my address and ask about my case. They replied a few hours after the September Visa bulletin was published on August 16th (my PD will be current in September, EB2 ROW). They changed my address and stated the following: "This petition is now eligible for further processing."
As of today still no change in the automated system.
I sent them a second email asking about the case again. No reply, yet.

Zolt

IV fee bill

Hi Guys,

My case finally started to move further.

I have one question regarding payment of the immigrant visa fee.
What are the acceptable forms of payment?
Is an American Express Money Order (drawn in US dollars, but issued in a foreign Amex office) is accepted by the NVC? I am not talking about Traveler's Check but money order. One money order is up to $200, so I need 2 of them.

Zolt

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear All,

Does anyone know how long it typically takes from the date that you submit the DS-230 (and I-864) to the NVC and when you get an interview date at the consulate in the country of the foreign spouse? (I know it probably varies from country to country but we'd like to hear any estimates.)

I'm an American citizen living in the US and my husband is a German citizen living in London. Because he is working in London, we were not able to do the AOS process from within the US and instead are doing consular processing via the London consulate. We submitted the I-130 in November 2006 and at last were asked to submit the DS-230 (along with I-864) in mid-August 2007. We have been told that there are three more main steps in the process before he gets the green card (or a visa stamp for entry to the US):
(1) notice from the NVC that they have sent the application to the London consulate
(2) notification from the London consulate one month before the interview date, of the medical exam and interview date
(3) the interview at the London consulate.

My question is this: how long does it take to reach each of these steps, from the date of submission of the DS-230 (application for immigrant visa)? We are anxious to live together as soon as possible (after living in different countries for three years) and would really like to have an estimate for when his moving date will be. We'd appreciate any advice or estimates that you know. We'd of course also be interested in any pertinent stories about medical exams or interviews at the London consulate.

It varies

Dear All,

Does anyone know how long it typically takes from the date that you submit the DS-230 (and I-864) to the NVC and when you get an interview date at the consulate in the country of the foreign spouse? (I know it probably varies from country to country but we'd like to hear any estimates.)

I'm an American citizen living in the US and my husband is a German citizen living in London. Because he is working in London, we were not able to do the AOS process from within the US and instead are doing consular processing via the London consulate. We submitted the I-130 in November 2006 and at last were asked to submit the DS-230 (along with I-864) in mid-August 2007. We have been told that there are three more main steps in the process before he gets the green card (or a visa stamp for entry to the US):
(1) notice from the NVC that they have sent the application to the London consulate
(2) notification from the London consulate one month before the interview date, of the medical exam and interview date
(3) the interview at the London consulate.

My question is this: how long does it take to reach each of these steps, from the date of submission of the DS-230 (application for immigrant visa)? We are anxious to live together as soon as possible (after living in different countries for three years) and would really like to have an estimate for when his moving date will be. We'd appreciate any advice or estimates that you know. We'd of course also be interested in any pertinent stories about medical exams or interviews at the London consulate.

http://cptracker.com

Most of the recently entered cases are employment-based ones but it still can be useful as CP is pretty much the same. My guesstimate would be about 2-3 months from DS-230 to interview date.

Other source of info can be: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/

Thanks very much, Zolt! By the way, for the DS-230 and I-864 fees we sent money orders from the USPS.

my status

I am EB3 with PD of Sept 24, 2004. I got a letter dated Aug 16th, 2007 from NVC. Letter says that NVC has completed its processing of my case and forwarded the file to US Consulate in Mumbai. The Embassy will contact you for further info in regards to your visa interview. Note that certain visa categories will not be scheduled for an interview until the cases PD is eligible. Please do not phone the embassy/consulate where your case will be processed. You will be contacted when your PD has been reached and a number is available. To check on your PD please check visa bulletin site.

Its just a waiting game from now on.

Hi Vintin,
congratulations on moving one step forward. Luckily, I believe we don't have to worry about a PD as he is the spouse of a US citizen.