Where do I begin?

Tobias_Maximus

My girlfriend has a dual passport (USA and UK) and was born in the UK. She has a job at Disney in California. I am a UK national I would like to marry her eventually but not within the 90 days. Ideally I would like a H1 VISA (I believe) as this will allow me to work and be with her and then eventually marry her. In terms of gaining sponsorship where do I begin? Do I apply for the H1 VISA as early as possible? And how long is it likely to take? Would really appreciate help...

You will first need to find an employer who is willing to hire you and to file for your h1 processing with US immigration.

Marry her !

It is still the easiest way to get papers for the US. She can file the papers for you and in the meantime you can enter on a fiance visa and get an employment permit. If you get married in vegas it'l cost you something like $50. If it doesn't work out, you go for an uncontested drive-through divorce in LV which will set you back something like $150. Compared with the 1000s of $$ you are bound to spend on employment based immigration, this is a real steal. If you guys stay together for 2.5 years you can get a permanent green card out of this. If you don't stay together you just return the temporary one and no damage is done.

Last edited by a moderator: