Where did the washington, fairfax VA thread go???

Moderators,
is it possible to revive the wash dc- fairfax thread with offending posts removed or do you prefer to have posters create new thread?

DcDude,

Congratulations on the interview. That was pretty fast. Best of luck for the oath and beyond. Care to share your interview experience?

Thanks.

Moderators,
is it possible to revive the wash dc- fairfax thread with offending posts removed or do you prefer to have posters create new thread?

DcDude,

Congratulations on the interview. That was pretty fast. Best of luck for the oath and beyond. Care to share your interview experience?

Thanks.

yes it was very quick , I was surprised that I got interview letter so fast, but I guess I might end up waiting 2 months till oath so it all evens out.

MY interview process:

there were hardly about 15-20 people at prosperity ave office- fairfax. Among 15 or so people 3 or 4 were lawyers. Lady IO officer was very polite. She administered the test at the beginning of the interview to "get it out of the way". I got first 6 questions right . Then I was asked to read a sentence and write a sentence.

MY application form had several mistakes. I had forgotten to answer several yes or no answers among other omissions. IO asked me the reason why I did not fill out several fields, I told her I was traveling when I filled out the form and It was oversight on my part. She said it was okay and not a problem.

I was applying based on being married to US citizen. IO asked me if I had documentation showing that I was married . I said that I did and gave it to her , IO saw in my file I had submitted same documents( tax returns, mortgage, child's birth certificate) so she did not take an documents from me.

IO then asked usual questions about ever being arrested or illegal activities. IO then congratulated me . She gave me a piece of paper which said I was recommended for approval. She said I would receive oath in few weeks.

I asked her if we are talking about month or just few weeks before I get oath letter , she said they were ramping up and so oath could be sooner . Either way I did not get a definite answer.

good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Am glad only I wasn't feeling weird after not seeing the DC thread. Hopefully moderators will revive it. Else want to just create a new one? Looks like some of you (dcdude, vadude) have something worthwhile to share like interview experiences..Want to just start off with that?
Or maybe just rename this thread to Washington DC thread. Presario?

Am glad only I wasn't feeling weird after not seeing the DC thread. Hopefully moderators will revive it. Else want to just create a new one? Looks like some of you (dcdude, vadude) have something worthwhile to share like interview experiences..Want to just start off with that?
Or maybe just rename this thread to Washington DC thread. Presario?

Hi

My experience

7/9 - Interview was in the afternoon, there were only few people in the hall. i was just 30 mins before my scheduled interview time. I was called at almost at the same time as my scheduled time. It was very quick, my IO pulled a big file, it had all the details that i had submitted for GC, he went thru my application and asked few questions about YES or NO questions...

Then he mentioned that he will ask Civic test questions, i answered all first 6, so he didn;t continue

1) Who is the commander in chief - The president
2) Who wrote the constitution - Thomas Jefferson
3) What states border mexico - California, Texas
4) What are two political parties - Rebulican and Democratic
5) What's the current president's political party - Democratic
6) Name 3 original colonies - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

He wanted me to read and write a sentence

My interview was complete in 10-15 mins, He asked me to verify my name/birthdate/and address details -
He asked me sign my two photographs, that i had submitted with n-400 application

He mentioned you'll receive an email once your oath is scheduled

He asked if i have any questions, i asked, is it ok to go to india in the mean time, before Oath day -he said, it is ok no problem at all

I thanked him, he walked me to the door

7/12 - status update - my application has been placed for oath q -
----

Status update -got oath letter scheduled for July 31.

va dude did you get oath letter?

Naturalization Timelines for DC residents

Hi Guys,
I am a DC resident. And I am wondering how long it will take to get the oath letter and finally be scheduled for the oath? I have a lot going on - a potential new job in California, and I need to give my start date, and I am really looking for some help here to figure out when my oath date will be.......... PLEASE HELP! If you guys can share your timelines, it will really help me estimate my oath date. My application is very plain, no name change or anything.

Priority Date 05/30/2012
Fingerprint Done 06/29/2012
Interview letter rcd 07/31/2012
Interview Date 08/31/2012
USCIS Office Washington DC
Oath Letter ??????????
Oath Date ?????????

An update. My immigration journey has finally come to an end. I took oath on Saturday and after 15 years in the US of A, I'm finally a citizen! Thanks for all the support folks. It's been rough at times but N400 has been the smoothest of the filings. Good luck all! You're be there soon too.

An update. My immigration journey has finally come to an end. I took oath on Saturday and after 15 years in the US of A, I'm finally a citizen! Thanks for all the support folks. It's been rough at times but N400 has been the smoothest of the filings. Good luck all! You're be there soon too.

For those who are citizens, please get registered and vote. The President needs VA. Romney will not be so immigrant friendly.