where did my I-485 go?

yn1999666

Registered Users (C)
So frustrated with INS, I don't know where my I-485 application are now.
Please help me figure it out.

Background:
My husband and I filed I-485 the same time, concurrently with I-140. his I-140 and I-485 were approved in August and October respectively in Sacramento. I live in Charlotte, NC now and he lives in Sacramento, CA.
Charlotte office cannot process employment based I-485 application.

Here are all the online status checks:

1. August 10:
On August 10, Your case has been transferred to Charlotte, NC office for processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

2. Nov 10:
On November 10, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

3.Nov 19:
On November 19, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete.

4. Dec 14:
On December 14, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

where is my I-485 then?

most recent update about my case

5.January 18, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in CHARLOTTE, NC for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in CHARLOTTE, NC will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

so my case was again transferred from San Francisco to Charlotte. but initially it said Charlotte office does not have jurisdiction right over my case. Could anyone offer help? what should I do now? does it mean my case was approved at San Francisco and if I pass the Charlotte interview(background check, valid marriage, etc), then I will get my greencard? Many thanks in advance.

yn1999666 said:
5.January 18, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in CHARLOTTE, NC for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in CHARLOTTE, NC will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

so my case was again transferred from San Francisco to Charlotte. but initially it said Charlotte office does not have jurisdiction right over my case. Could anyone offer help? what should I do now? does it mean my case was approved at San Francisco and if I pass the Charlotte interview(background check, valid marriage, etc), then I will get my greencard? Many thanks in advance.
It's not approved until after the interview. You might be lucky if Charlotte has quicker transfer to interview delays.

Still confused

why they initially said AAA city cannot process my 485? I am worried my case will be transfer back to San Francisco again after several months delay in AAA city.Thanks.