• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Where can I see ' who has won '

Upgraded

Registered Users (C)
Once again it looks like I have not won the DV lotto, it is absolutley heart breaking for me and my family at the moment.
Is there a site where we can see how many and who has won the green card lotto thus far?
I've not seen one Aussie , New Zealander or anyone around this area win yet and it's really worrying me.

I'm praying theres still time to win this year but with all the asians and what not winning it's not looking good. :(

Move on with your life, and make something of it. It's all in your own hands, unlike the lottery. It's not like someone died, plus, if you can't stand losing, don't play.

you can't build your life on the theory of "if i win the lottery..." you can't invest on things like that. it's just luck.
as the person above said move on...let it surprise you if you win. it's no use living day to day only thinking if you're gonna recieve that pacakge. that's my idea anyway.

and just to be honest, the fact that you haven't recieved a letter so far, i don't think it's got anything to do with "asians and whatnot" winning.

Sadly my life is reliant on ' winning ' at the moment, more than anything.
At the end of the year my Dad will be moving on and his abandoning his family, meaning I have to move out, and I really dont want to move out, then 6 months later win the lotto then have to find $10 000 on a single income then on top of that move again to America.
:mad:

I was under the impression Australians had one of the highest win rates.

Honestly, I think you need to see a counselor. This reliance on a lottery is not productive and I get the sense it's a crutch for other problems.

Do you really think this is the land of milk and honey over here? The US, Canada, UK, Australia, are not so different from each other. And you will spend a lot of money to move here and find yourself with new difficulties, just of a different kind. It's not like Australia is poor or has a civil war right now.

Forget the lottery. Most of us do not get here on a lottery. If you think it's your destiny to come here, then become a student and get an F visa, or get a job to sponsor you and then come here. Otherwise, pack up your things, ignore your father, and move to a new part of Australia. Australia is a huge place with many opportunities. And if you are young, you can also go to Canada or UK or a Commonwealth country for a year, if those agreements are still valid.

Do not ignore the forest for the trees. My two cents.

Why don't you just apply to the UK consulate now and go over to London on that work visa? You can be out of here in a month or so then and make a life in the UK - I think there is a limit on the number of work permits that Aussies get for Canada - I am not entirely sure. But both of them are better options for you, rather than the Lottery because of your situation.

Why don't you just apply to the UK consulate now and go over to London on that work visa? You can be out of here in a month or so then and make a life in the UK - I think there is a limit on the number of work permits that Aussies get for Canada - I am not entirely sure. But both of them are better options for you, rather than the Lottery because of your situation.

I think Bounty Hunting/Bail Bonds are illegal in the UK Sadly, other wise I'd move there, I have a euro pass thanks to my Grandma and Grandma being English.

It's kinda why I keep pushing towards America. :eek:

Even if the lottery had odds of 1/10 you would still be able to play for years straight without ever winning. Do you not understand the concept of luck, chance and a lottery in general? Apart from that, I recommend you change your dependent attitude and solve your current issues, as that is never going to get you a visa in an actual interview. Not for the US, not for the EU and not for Canada. What exactly is going to make them think you will be able to get a job and a place to live in the US, if you can't do that in a country like Australia?

I think I agree with everyone else. Please just move on with your life rather than worrying about whether you're going to win or not. Even if you win it, there is a chance that you are not going to get the visa.
I'm an aussie too btw, and No..there is no evidence to say that aussie has the highest rate of winning.

I'm an Australian that has lived in America, and I would have to say that the United States is a more difficult country to live than Australia. Australia is definitely the lucky country.

I have my own reasons for moving to the United States. But I'm not desperate or anything like that. I love it here in Sydney and I have a good job.