Where are you Enn jai: Baltimore Interview

GAMA

Registered Users (C)
Ennjai what happened to I-485 case. Have you been
rescheduleded or still waiting? Good luck.

No Title

Hi Gama

Thank you for your concern. You are indeed a true friend to all of us.

I felt as if I was facing a dead end. You may remember, during the interview at Baltimore, the IIO told me that he would require my first file that I filed as LULAC, back in 1990, to be sure that there is no contradictory information. Until then he cannot approve my case. It may take several months before the Baltimore office gets my file or they may never find my original file. So I am left with only two optons:
1.Wait indefinitely and hope for the best
2. Get the Canadian

About couple of years ago I applied for canadian and even got the Landing papers, but I let those expire (hoping to get the GC). Now I have to apply from step 1. Monday morning I am starting the procedure with the finger prints and credential evaluations.

I wish you best of luck for your interview.

Enn jay

No Title

enn jai

hope things will turn out good for you. Indeed it is a bureacratic system, worse
than of any other sort. Let us hope you will get through this. Let us know
if any progress happens.

GAMA

No Title

Enn Jai: Did you apply again for I-485 after LULAC, and when did you apply I hear that even for regular LULAC cases they are approving seperately under Amensty program. Did you get another H1 visa and go to the consular office for Visa?? did you withdraw your case from Amensty before applying for I-485?? I am asking these question because I know somebody who was in your situation and got his I-485 approved.

No Title

I didn\'t touch my LULAC file after applying in 1990. In December 1997 I started a new application through employment, EB3. I was never under any H1 visa, rather LULAC with approval pending for 8 yrs. I didn\'t withdraw my application, because my attorney wasn\'t smart enough. My fault that I blindly trusted the attorney after paying him a hefty fee.

Currently I am sending a reminder every 30 days to the IIO who took my interview. Luckily I asked his name .

And I have already started my canadian application once again.

Lessons learned: Lawyers only know how to fill out the application. Always take a second opinion or check from this chat list.

Thanks again friends for your concern.

No Title

Hi enn Jay,

I am on the same boat...I applied LULAC in 1989...started EB3 on Jan1996...lawyer never advised to withdraw LULAC case. My case was transferred to local office last May, did FP redo on June...still waiting for an interview notice. I just hope that the officer who\'s working on my papers is aware about this LULAC, so they could get my LULAC file first before the interview, to avoid more delays.

I got information before that if the INS need documents that was filed time ago, it will take atleast 3 months for the INS to recieve documents from the National Archive Center.

Hang in there.