Where are all the 98 waiters?

VSC/485

Registered Users (C)
Most people who seem to be active on the VSC 485 chat board seem to be 99 waiters. What happened to the 98 waiters? Did you all get your approvals and disappear or what?

No Title

Still here - Just freaking bored with the same crap going around.
VSC EB3 India,ND 10/98, Intent to deny replied 6/19/00. No change in message.

No Title

There is a lot of difference between RFE and Intent to deny.
What I got was an Intent to deny - which means - they have everything they need to approve my I485 - but they dont want to do it.
For some reason - INS believes that I am ineligible to apply for adjustment of status as I may have been out of status during the last \'n\' years I have been here. This is not true - and I had to sent them a copy of my H1, H1 extension, then EAD, EAD extension, all W-2s showing my wages and Federal tax returns for the last so many many years to show that I have been always legally employed - per INS authorization.
HOwever, even if I had screwed up, they said I could still apply for adjustment under 245(i) by sending the $1000 penalty and the I485 supplement form. I sent a rebuttal to show that I was always in status and that I was NOT INELIGIBLE under the law.
Just waiting for the reponse.....
PS: The details of the letter that I received - was posted on this forum some time back - around 6/20 under the heading "Intent to deny details".

No Title

Similar story to report ND:12/10/98, RFE(Employment verification) to Lawyer Jun 19, Recd at INS Jun 30. Very annoyed with the message "..usually 90 - 180 days but since prelim investigation is done, approximately 180 days".

No Title

Mine PD 06/97, RD 12/07/98, ND 12/11/98, 1st EAD 2/99, FP 5/00, 2nd EAD 2/00, RFE 06/29

Now, is that a sad list or what ?

My company merged with another company between the time I applied for I-140 and 1-485. My lawyer has attached a letter
from the new company along with the 485 application stating that fact. Still, INS has sent us a RFE stating we need to apply
for new I-140 based on the new company. My lawyer is going to respond saying the company, even though it merged, is essentially doing the same business and my duties have not changed. Hope that satisfies the INS.

No Title

When did your message change to RFE received?

Mine was received on June 30 as per Fedex tracker, but message hasn\'t changed yet.

No Title

ND 11/19/98, FP 5/6/99, RFE for me and my wife (6/23/00), asked for employment letters and tax returns (for both of us, separately), RFE responded (6/24/00). RFE receipt acknowledged for my wife 6/29/00, but not for me yet, although both were sent in the same FEDEX letter. No news as of yet.

No Title

My details RD 12/98 PD 6/97 EB2 INDIA VSE RFE on 5/7/00. My company recently changed its name
   from X to Y. It is just a name change not a merger or anything. INS wants me to prove that it is not S-I-I.
   My lawyer says that letter from employer stating the details is OK. Do you think that it is OK?

Their is one more RFE for my husband asking financial support document. My lawyer says that
   emploment letter from my employer is OK. He thinks that form I-134 is not needed. I am kind of scared.
   Do yo think I-134 needed?

Thanks Jaya

No Title

It is also frustrating for us to hear that same message - "...since the preliminary processing is done it will take: 180 days to process..\'
Since they changed the message (6/27) , our hopes were up, and we\'ve been calling afterhours everyday...I am afraid that our excitement will slowly wear down as weeks, or months pass....Please post any change in your status.

good luck to all of us!

No Title

shores please help

During the time you got your letter to deny, what was your automated message. For me the automated message says a decision was mailed. Whne i spoke to the IIO, she said that petition was denied. Is it possible that she meant a notice of intent to deny. Please advise as i am still waiting for the notice.
Thanks

No Title

Hello Jaya,

Could you please tell me more on your RFE.I am also similar situation
my employer has changed the name.I spoke to my lawyer assistant after the name change but i cannot belive him.

What did the INS asked in your RFE?.

Thanks
Rohan

No Title

Hi Rohan,

I hope you are not employed by Computer People/RAPIDIGM.

My company name was chnaged after my I-140 was approved. My lawyer did not sent any papers to prove that when he filed I-485.
INS might have thought that it is an merger or something. I have not sent RFE reply back to INS. Laawyer is sitting on it for last two weeks. Fees are already paid! I am really depressed.

Jaya