When will our day come?? Real depressing..

GAJAR:

Leaving aside the technical stuff, how do you define Lakshman Rekha??

Originally posted by GaajarKaHalwa
abhi_01201:

Does your wife know you flirt with female co workers?

Yes, she does. She is fine with it so long as I do not cross the Lakshman Rekha . :p

I assume Mumbay is pretty westernized and in India you can get everything as long as you earn enough.

This is true. BUT, after living in the US for 5-6 years, you will be disappointed when you go back to India, even if you earn a good salary there. Quality of life cannot be bought by money alone. I would rather earn less and live in a country like Canada. But again, no place is perfect and you choose a place that gives you most of what you are looking for.

Also remember that if all you are taking to Indian cos are your programming skills, then that is not enough - they have great programmers in India already. A better thing to do is to learn how to manage offshore projects - I am lucky that my employer has given me the opportunity to do so here. It has been a very interesting experience and if enough persons are interested, I will post what I have learnt so far.
;)

Well women are very intelligent.

They don’t worry about stuff they don’t need to worry about. She probably isnt worried about his chances with his co-workers.

:D

They may be intelligent...

....but they are also very possessive and jealous my friend! This applies to all women irrespective of their ethnicity. I had to give a lot of explanation to my wife the other day when a girl from my office met me in the mall (I was with my wife) and greeted me like a long lost friend. I had to face questions like - "why was she so happy so see you?".

roran:

Lakshman Rekha is - Any activity that I can tell my wife about while looking her in the eye is defined as being within Lakshman Rekha. This wasn't too technical, was it?

Re: Re: I almost forgot

Originally posted by WheresMahGreen
1-2 BUSINESS weeks, my friend, business weeks!!!

Thats over too!

Maybe its INS Business days: 9 - 11 AM on Wednesdays and Thursdays! Excluding weeks that have a holiday :D

Mumbai sucks big time

man. I was in Bombay/Mumbai for over 2 years. To have a good lifestyle in Mumbaim U need to be seriously rich. Not 1 crore a year rich, but much much richer!
I know a lot of guys who are multi-crorepati in Mumbai but still have to travel by locals!
Plan to stay in Mumbai if you are one of the following -
Film Actor/Director/Actress, Big Shot Industrialist, Stock Broker, Bhai/Dada/Smuggler, Politician, Builder, top shot officer in a thouroughly corrupt govt department such as customs, central excise, income tax etc.
Otherwise guys - Just foggedaboudit!
Aamchi New Jersey - however rotten - thoroughly beats Aamchi Mumbai hands down!!!

Re: Mumbai sucks big time

I love New Jersey on any given day.

I lived in Bandra and used to travel from Bandra to Kurla for work. My employer was good but the travel in the buses and locals broke my back. And then there was the hassle of looking for a room for rent - they wanted me to put down a huge amount as security. The water supply where I stayed (mind you this was Pali Hill in Bandra) was for 3 hours a day 9am-12PM. After a week of working in the first job of my life, I gave up and resigned. Then I got offers from companies in Churchgate, but I had no more courage to face the commute and other hassles and I left India forever.

I still have some nice feelings about Bombay though - the local people there were genuine, nice and helpful, which was a big change from Delhi.

All hail NJ!!

Gajar:

Wives will never be jealous about their husbands after a certain point.:) I am never jealous of my husband when he talks about his colleagues(females). I always tell him that nothing will make me jealous. It depends on how much trust you have on each other. If you are confident that noone will come after your spouse, that is a totally new level of confidence.
Is your wife working? She should be accustomed to this way of living and workplace by now, where everything like this is common.
Anyways, coming to mumbai. I agree commute is difficult. I used to travel from Ghatkopar to Andheri(SEEPZ) via company bus. But, I also used to travel from Ghatkopar to Juhu(where I studied at NCST). I used to change three buses. Sometimes I used to try all different types of combinations(bus/train). I can never forget the pollution at SION, bandra junction.
I would prefer to go back to mumbai, 'cos at ghatkopar never faced any water/electricity problem.
One more selfish reason, is that, as my in-laws are at Mumbai, someone will take care of my kids when I go to work. Cannot trust any day care in India.:)

roran:

Yes, my wife is used to this - she was a senior journalist in a national newspaper in India and knows all about the modern workplace and people - good and bad. It is just that we like to tease each other sometimes.

>One more selfish reason, is that, as my in-laws are at Mumbai, someone will take care of my kids when I go to work. Cannot trust any day care in India.

My friends tell of horror stories in day care in the US also (wrapping up the baby too tightly). How is the day care here? I think I will call my parents here or my wife's when we have a baby - I don't trust day care anywhere. Or, maybe I am wrong - the day care here is good?

Gajar:

You should be lucky to get a good one. Fortunately we got a good one at the first shot. Home Day Care. Licensed person. Punjabi lady. Anyways, My kids will be starting preschool next year.
Horror stories are always not true about day care. You need to get some good references.