When will I get nirvana?????

sk446

Registered Users (C)
I am AUG 2001 RD/SEP ND.
It doesn't seem NSC is doing any work.
Today there were 12 approvals at Vermont and just 2 in NSC.
God when will I get my freedom???

Hold on Bud

Hi sk446,
It's more than 4.5 years since I satarted my GC stuff. Got lots of hurdles my friends collegues go their Plastic cards also by Jan 02. I was still waiting for my approval. Got RFE on July 31. Our stupid paralegal sent the response on Sep 10, from then on waiting by the way my RD is June 2001.

Hold on our days will also come soon.

Jagi;)

Originally posted by sk446
I am AUG 2001 RD/SEP ND.
It doesn't seem NSC is doing any work.
Today there were 12 approvals at Vermont and just 2 in NSC.
God when will I get my freedom???

I wonder by seeing such postings, we need to be very optimistic, if we wont make it, just go back. Why you hesitate?

Find your nirvana on your home land:)

Just kidding.........................

Hang in there a little longer...

Hopefully soon sk446.
I am in the same boat as you are.

I am hoping that after NCS is done with the audit they will resume work and hopefully get to our cases soon.

We have come this far and now it is at the end.

RAGHUC

My friend, it is easy to say for u to say pack and go back...
BUT its difficult when u know that back there u r going to make 1/10th of what u r making here fo the same work.
Some guy is going to make 10 times more than u!! WHY, not bcos he's smarter, not bcos is more hard working JUST BCOS he's ass is in the US of A.
AND there are going to be 100x more people competing for the same job.

AND then there are other SMALL things to worry about like how u r going to pay for mortgage, ur car, kids edu etc etc.

So getting a GC is like freaking NIRVANA for me..

-sk

Re: Hold on Bud

Originally posted by Jagi
Hi sk446,
It's more than 4.5 years since I satarted my GC stuff. Got lots of hurdles my friends collegues go their Plastic cards also by Jan 02. I was still waiting for my approval. Got RFE on July 31. Our stupid paralegal sent the response on Sep 10, from then on waiting by the way my RD is June 2001.

Jagi;)

I got rfe on July 30, INS received the response on Sept 5th. I spoke to an IIO around Sep 10th and I was told I should hear something within 2-4 weeks. Our case was approved on Sep 18th. Trying talking to an IIO and see if they can say something.

Good Luck!
aka1

Re: Hold on Bud

Originally posted by Jagi
Hi sk446,

Jagi;)

I got rfe on July 30, INS received the response on Sept 5th. I spoke to an IIO around Sep 10th and I was told I should hear something within 2-4 weeks. Our case was approved on Sep 18th. Trying talking to an IIO and see if they can say something.

Good Luck!
aka1

Re: RAGHUC

Originally posted by sk446
My friend, it is easy to say for u to say pack and go back...
BUT its difficult when u know that back there u r going to make 1/10th of what u r making here fo the same work.
Some guy is going to make 10 times more than u!! WHY, not bcos he's smarter, not bcos is more hard working JUST BCOS he's ass is in the US of A.
AND there are going to be 100x more people competing for the same job.

AND then there are other SMALL things to worry about like how u r going to pay for mortgage, ur car, kids edu etc etc.

So getting a GC is like freaking NIRVANA for me..

-sk
Hi nirvana,

Sorry if it hurts you. I am not questioning or pulling ok.
I always think that way and it is better not to get dissappointed.
And it is not also the question of who is smarter or not? Smarter people always make money whereever they are. This is my experience.

Most of the people making the same mistake buying everything before getting GC. I hope you didn't do that.

If one don't get, don't worry go back and everyone should make it as principle as one landing on this soil.

I am very haapy that you are getting nirvana just by getting GC:)

MY 2 cents, prepare for the worst and enjoy the results.

Finally, best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maths of going back!

I am just trying to do some arithmatics to see the dollar value of going back to India. This calculation is valid for only return to India.

And remember, there is no dollar value on things we consider important - like the ease of mailinging in the payment utilities bills etc. For some of us these may not be important as there are "services" available in India who would pay these bills in return for a service fee. For some being able to stay close to parents is more important.

All figures are approximate and will be different for each individual situation. Assumption is IT job with about 10 YEARS experience in IT

In US
If earning $75000/year for a family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child)

Potential annual savings = $ 10000 (after tax)
One trip to India with family = $6000
------------------------------------------------------------------
Net savings = $4000
------------------------------------------------------------------

In India
Approximate Earning = Rs 900000
After Tax = Rs 600000
Monthly expense on house(rent/mortage), car, food,
maid, etc. = Rs 30,000
Total Annual expense = Rs 360,000
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Net annual savings = Rs 240,000
In dollars = $5000
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

All figures are approximate and will be different for each individual situation.

But I think that if your income is within this range, then finanacial aspect of working in US or staying in India is same.
So wee need to look at other aspects which are more important to us. Some these are:
1) Family commitments
2) Ease of life - many tasks can be done by phone in US whereas in India one may have to look for paid service or do it yourself.
3) Ease of life - It is easy to get maid in India for several domestic work which is impossible in the US
4) Willingness for Adaptation to western culture
5) Desire in life - If one wants to be a politician then it is better to go back to India
6) Desire for career growth - It may take decades to be a project Manager or Director in the US. It is relatively easy in India.
7) Expectation of spouse and children