When will FP expire. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Procedure for the 2nd FP. Please

Folks,

Can you please help me what is the procedure for 2nd FP. Does INS will schedule for 2nd FP?

thanks in advance
Sathya

i think when the PD becomes current and if FP expired. USCIS will schedule for the 2nd one. So no worries. If you had done Code 1 and again if you were scheduled for a Code 1.
You may want to check with Cust Service regarding Biometrics before you go for the 2nd FP

My fingerprint expired in Jan 2006, therefore after March Visa bulletin when I learned that my date will become current in March, during next 18 days, I made two phone calls to VSC, one info-pass appointment and one expedite request, thinking that if I can get my FP done proactively, there would not be any thing pending from my side, and I can save some time. But nothing worked. As you can see in my signature, once Visa became current, they sent FP on their own with in 8 days.

In my experience, following is the sequence for the approval -----

Very first they will check - Case processing date. If not in zone thy will do nothing.
>Then - Visa Availability - If not available do nothing.
>Then - Name Check - If not cleared do nothing.
>Then - IBIS check (USCIS internal security check) - If not done order internally to conduct IBIS.
>Then - FP - If FP is expired, issue notice.
>Then APPROVAL

However, I read recently in the forum, that congressperson can help in getting FP date fixed. You can try if you like.

waiitingForGC said:
I had the same question, can someone answer this. Do we have to apply/schedule for 2nd FP or INS does?

Thanks.
99% of the time they send you second notice.

FP after interview.

Here's my case in short

EB2
PD : 03/2001
Trasfer to Boston : 02/2004
Interview : 02/2006 ( didnt get approved because Name check was pending)

I got a notice for fingerprint today. My last FP was in jan 2005. So now I am wondering if the FP notice came because its been 15 months since my last FP? In other words do they send automatic notification to keep FPs current? Or does it mean that the name check came in, so someone in BDO picked up my file and said - we need the FP to approve?

Any help would be greatly appreciated