When to start counting 90 days for EAD

Saimarif

Registered Users (C)
My EAD details are as follows:

Detroit, Michigan
RD: 4/18/01
ND: 5/8/01

My lawyer has received the EAD Receipt Letter. I didn\'t ask her when did she received it.

Regarding the 90-day rule according to which one can get the INTERIM EAD card from the INS local office after 90 days, my lawyer has told me that 90 days should be counted from the Notice Date (ND).
I believe that 90 days should be counted from the Receipt Date (RD).

Please let me know who is correct?

Also, please let me know how much time it is currently taking to get the EAD card.

Thanks in advance for your help.

No Title

WHY DO YOU QUESTION, IF YOUR LAWYER ALREADY TOLD THAT 90 DAYS MEANS, FROM ND. AT SOME POINT, YOU HAVE TO RELY ON YOUR LAWYER OTHERWISE WHY DO YOU NEED LAWYER.
MY POINT IS THAT YOU ARE ASKING A TINY QUESTION ON THIS FORUM WHICH REALLY SHOULDN\'T MATTER, LOGICALLY SPEAKING ND IS WHAT YOU REALLY HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT.

No Title

No it is the RD (Receipt date) taken in to account. See some times the lawyers are wrong, it is always good to have this forum and get it checked, as the info from experienced guy is "THE" correct answer. My own brother got his EAD 3 months back from Detroit local INS after completing his 90 days starting from RD. Infact he went out of curiosity on 89 the day. The lady at the counter asked him to come next day and he got it on 90 the day.

No Title

According to IIOs at the INS offices, the 90 days count start from Receipt Date. However this interpretation various from individual to individual. Today i.e on 5/21/01 I have got my interim EAD from Newark,NJ INS office. My RD is 2/22/01.

No Title

Hi Sri,
Can you tell me the experince and detail about the papers etc. at Newark for EAD.
Thanks

No Title

As I went there on 5/21/01, initially the IIO started arguing about NOT fullfilling the 90 days period after the receipt date of 2/22/01. When I replied her back saying technicallly the 90 days period ends today, she was OK with it and asked me to fill-in the I-765 form and directed me to the 3rd floor EB division. I presented the paperwork at the reception and one other IIO called by name within 15-20 mins and took my photo and issued the card which is valid for 1 year. I suppose they issued me the duplicate EAD, the one which I have applied to Nebraska office may be cancelled.
I went there little late around 9 AM and got out by 2 PM. But if you are one of the early birds probably it wouldn\'t take that long.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

No Title

Hi Sri,
Thanks for the info. Can you also please tell me what papers I should take with me.

Thanks