When to sponsor?

svreddykooturu

Registered Users (C)
I have a different situation here!
I am planning to sponsor my parents (dad retired and mom housewife) for a B-2 visa.
I am currently a Resident Physician and will be graduating end of June 09 (H1b expiring in june 09). Graduation ceremony is in end of May 2009. Soon after graduation, I will be taking up as a physician job starting July 2009 (Will be sponsored again for H1B by the employer institution).

The questions are:

1. When would be the best time for my parents to appear for visa interview?
a. May 2009 with the reason being attending the graduation ceremony? But, does my H1b expiry in June 2009 has any negative effect?
b. August 2009 with the reason being for pleasure? But, with only 2months of employment as physician has any negative effect? Advantage of applying in Aug 2009 would be that I will be able to show higher income (way more than residency) and will have enough documentation to show my H1b visa approval for employment.
2. Other option:- Applying in May 09 for graduation ceremony and also providing the documents that I will be starting new employment as Physician from July 2009. Will this have any advantage over both the above options?

Thanks