When to renew EAD?

I485_March_2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

My EAD will expire some time early in May 2007. When should I renew my EAD? Some people say 5 month before the expiry date, but I know some people received the approval within a couple of weeks. Could somebody give me some advice please?

Thanks a lot!

i would renew my ead as soon as i get a new one. im just kidding. its that crazy to get an ead. better to apply 6 months before as suggested by uscis.

It is good to renew soon, the new policy of USCIS is to issue EAD's with start dates from the End Date of your old EAD. :D

Which means you will NOT loose any days/months as was previously. So better to apply soon.

I applied 3 months before the expiry and got it in about 3/4 weeks - but remember this is a holiday season. :p

Thanks for the advice.

BTW, could you please tell me where I can find the information regarding the new policy: USCIS to issue EAD's with start dates from the End Date of your old EAD?

Regards,

sridas said:
It is good to renew soon, the new policy of USCIS is to issue EAD's with start dates from the End Date of your old EAD. :D

Which means you will NOT loose any days/months as was previously. So better to apply soon.

I applied 3 months before the expiry and got it in about 3/4 weeks - but remember this is a holiday season. :p

It's not written anywhere, just as the previous rule. I saw someone post in this message board and when I applied I got my EAD with start dates from the end-date of my old EAD.

HTH

Dude
Better to loose few months by getting the ead ahead of the current ead gets expired than to loose the job because of no ead. Learn from my mistake... please renew 6 months as suggested by uscis or minimum 4 months before.

I485_March_2005 said:
Thanks for the advice.

BTW, could you please tell me where I can find the information regarding the new policy: USCIS to issue EAD's with start dates from the End Date of your old EAD?

Regards,

apply by self?

hello,
my ead is due for renewal in june'07, can i apply by self or i should ask my lawyer to do so? what are the forms used for renewal? do u know if lawyers charge for ead/ap renewal application too?

anu