• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

When to file 260 to delay interview.

I have always though DS260 processing will get faster - but we will know more in a week or two. However - go ahead and submit asap.
Thank you again.
1. If my DS260 gets processed and CNT is current by May 1st:
a. Can they schedule interview for June or they can only schedule 2 months after DS260 gets processed or CN gets current? (I have heard something about this 2 month gap)
b. Can they push my interview to later date (to august september etc) by first scheduling the people who have submitted their DS260 earlier than me? Or do they have to schedule everyone who is processed? Do they give any priority, does it depend on the embassy availability etc?
3. Do you know when did the AS visas finish in DV2014?

Thank you again.
a. Can they schedule interview for June or they can only schedule 2 months after DS260 gets processed or CN gets current? (I have heard something about this 2 month gap)
b. Can they push my interview to later date (to august september etc) by first scheduling the people who have submitted their DS260 earlier than me? Or do they have to schedule everyone who is processed? Do they give any priority, does it depend on the embassy availability etc?

OK, to recap. Cases are scheduled based on the DS260 being completely processed AND the number being current. They seem to schedule all current cases based on those cases that are fully processed by the beginning of the month. It is not enough to be processed, you need to be current also. It is not enough to be current, you need to be processed also. Once you are both current and processed you are in the batch of cases that they would schedule those. As long as you are in the batch - you are in.

They really finished AS in August last year - but there were a handful of cases still approved in AS region in September.

Thank you again.

I think you are trying to be too 'cute" - worrying you won't get an interview at all, and worrying that you will get one in May after all... And I am worried that in the process of trying to fine tune it you will delay yourself out of a visa. I think you should follow Britsimon's advice, and if you somehow do get an interview in May, figure out what to do. But I think (my opinion) the risks are more to you not getting a visa at all than getting one in May the longer you delay.

I think you are trying to be too 'cute" - worrying you won't get an interview at all, and worrying that you will get one in May after all... And I am worried that in the process of trying to fine tune it you will delay yourself out of a visa. I think you should follow Britsimon's advice, and if you somehow do get an interview in May, figure out what to do. But I think (my opinion) the risks are more to you not getting a visa at all than getting one in May the longer you delay.
Well, currently I am purely concerned about not getting an interview or getting a late interview with no Visas. (is it even possible to be interviewed and told no visa left?)
I am perfectly ok and would be happy if I get an interview in April or May.
I will submit DS260 today or tomorrow.
My current hope is: DS260 gets processed in 3 months and a half - so by May 1st my CN is current AND DS260 is processed. Then getting an interview in July. I am afraid if I miss July, I am done.
Any soothing suggestions?

Well, currently I am purely concerned about not getting an interview or getting a late interview with no Visas. (is it even possible to be interviewed and told no visa left?)
I am perfectly ok and would be happy if I get an interview in April or May.
I will submit DS260 today or tomorrow.
My current hope is: DS260 gets processed in 3 months and a half - so by May 1st my CN is current AND DS260 is processed. Then getting an interview in July. I am afraid if I miss July, I am done.
Any soothing suggestions?

I have not heard of them running out of visas befor september, whether overall or for the case of a country hitting the country limit. So I am pretty sure that even an August interview will be fine.

Now would be good - they are just scheduling March so you won't make April and probably not May. Submit now and you should be in June/July.

Hi guys.
I just checked with KCC, they said my DS260 has been completed processing. Submitted on Jan 12th, so it took 2 months and 20 days for them to process.
She said that I would most probably get an interview in July.
My CN AS55xx would definitely be current in June.
Is there any chance I get a June interview or am I late by few days for June interview?
If not June, can I assume a guaranteed July interview?

Hi guys.
I just checked with KCC, they said my DS260 has been completed processing. Submitted on Jan 12th, so it took 2 months and 20 days for them to process.
She said that I would most probably get an interview in July.
My CN AS55xx would definitely be current in June.
Is there any chance I get a June interview or am I late by few days for June interview?
If not June, can I assume a guaranteed July interview?

So we are seeing several reports of January submitted DS260s being processed - and the last 2NLs seemed to have taken a jump - so I'm pretty sure the majority of the DS260s have been cleared. THanks for letting us know.

As for your interview, you might just squeeze into June interviews. I think they take the pool of available cases as of the 1st or 2nd of the month - so if your forms were actually processed a few days ago, then you might have got in - and as you say your number should be current for sure. Otherwise yes July interview is certain.

So - 2NL in about 3 weeks or 7/8 weeks

So we are seeing several reports of January submitted DS260s being processed - and the last 2NLs seemed to have taken a jump - so I'm pretty sure the majority of the DS260s have been cleared. THanks for letting us know.

As for your interview, you might just squeeze into June interviews. I think they take the pool of available cases as of the 1st or 2nd of the month - so if your forms were actually processed a few days ago, then you might have got in - and as you say your number should be current for sure. Otherwise yes July interview is certain.

So - 2NL in about 3 weeks or 7/8 weeks

This is strange: So I called KCC today just to check and they told me that my DS-260 is not finished processing. I told them that when I called 2 weeks ago they said it was fully processed but they said unfortunately it is not finished yet.
I am just surprised why they would give me wrong information.
Can they even tell if the DS-260 will finish processing soon and speculate about its status OR can they only know once it is fully done?
This means no June interview. I guess probably August?
Anybody with AS case number who submitted their DS260 in January got processed?

This is strange: So I called KCC today just to check and they told me that my DS-260 is not finished processing. I told them that when I called 2 weeks ago they said it was fully processed but they said unfortunately it is not finished yet.
Can they even tell if the DS-260 will finish processing soon and speculate about its status OR can they only know once it is fully done?

It seemed a bit fast. So certainly not June interview. If it completes in the next week it could make the July but if not, then August.

I dropped KCC an email ytd asking if my DS260 has been processed
Waiting for them to reply now

Hi there,

I have a case number of 20015EU33XXX.
I only just filled out my DS-260 form today. Barring in mind the lateness of the DS-260 submission is there still a chance I could be scheduled for a visa interview in the future months?

Any advice/input would be much appreciated,
Thanks

Hi there,

I have a case number of 20015EU33XXX.
I only just filled out my DS-260 form today. Barring in mind the lateness of the DS-260 submission is there still a chance I could be scheduled for a visa interview in the future months?

Any advice/input would be much appreciated,
Thanks

So you are basically giving them 2 months to process your forms. A couple of months ago I would have said you had left that too late, but now the backlog has improved and you may have a chance. They need to have completed by Early July.

So you are basically giving them 2 months to process your forms. A couple of months ago I would have said you had left that too late, but now the backlog has improved and you may have a chance. They need to have completed by Early July.

Thanks for the info!

Interesting.

Still it takes them too long to process DS applications. I wonder why?
Comparing to the previous year they issued less visas for the same period. If they do not speed up I think they will not be able to issue 50,000 visas as planned.

Interesting.

Still it takes them too long to process DS applications. I wonder why?
Comparing to the previous year they issued less visas for the same period. If they do not speed up I think they will not be able to issue 50,000 visas as planned.

It has improved greatly - I have one case of submission on March 11 that got their July interview 2NL. That means their case was processed by May 1 - so around 7 weeks. That is slower than the old form based system but that is probably the fastest we will see.

Now, they have more than enough processed cases, so there is no concern that the DS260 delay could stop them from reaching 50000. No shows might, DS260s won't.