When to do Medical for AOS?

sub123

Registered Users (C)
Should the medical report be submitted along with AOS application to the local district office or should we wait till the interview?

Thanks,

Medical

You will take your medical (the dr seals the envelope) with you at the time of the interview. My husband did his medical when he recieved the notice for the interview, his notice came along with the forms you need and a list of certified civil surgeons. He had about a months notice to get the medical done, plenty of time. I can't remember how long the medical was good for, before it was only a year, but think it has been increased (can't remember for how long).

It depends on where you are filing. Atlanta office needs the medical with the forms when you submit, but, most offices need it at the time of the interview. Where are yoiu going to file? What visa category?

sub123,
waitingforAOS11 is correct.

However a bit of advice. In my wife's case, we got only 2 weeks time from the interview notice to the interview date... Secondly she was pregnant that time which would have not let her have some vaccines done..

So my suggestion will be to get it done either before sending the application and send the results with the applications.. Newark wants it at the interview time. However I still sent her medical exam docs along with the initial application and there was no problem. They are valid for a long time
check the link.
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDmedext.html

I'm sure you've done this already but go to uscis.gov and click on the boston office to see the local filing procedures.

looks like they are picky about how they want theirs filed.

It doesn't say anything about the medical exam

I would suggest you call first

I filed in los angeles and they require you mail everything in advance.

I too filed in LA, they didn't require us to mail everything in (only necessary paperwork, not supporting docs). We were asked for the medical paper work at the time of the interview as well as our supporting doc.