When to book online at nvars.com?

msukid

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I am planning to go to h1 stamping at Toronto in October.
I read somewhere in this board that if I have to book a visa appointment, I need to login to nvars.com early in the morning by 7:00 am. I sit today almost for 1 hour from 7:00 am and i couldnt see any dates from August to December 2006.

Please let me know the right time to book an appointment.

Thanks
msukid

msukid said:
Friends,

I am planning to go to h1 stamping at Toronto in October.
I read somewhere in this board that if I have to book a visa appointment, I need to login to nvars.com early in the morning by 7:00 am. I sit today almost for 1 hour from 7:00 am and i couldnt see any dates from August to December 2006.

Please let me know the right time to book an appointment.

Thanks
msukid

Did you manage to get an appointment in Toronto.
Iam trying to get one for next year but nothing has opened for the past one week. Please advise.

let me tell you my story. I sat from 7 am till 11 am for about 2 to 3 days straight. Refreshing the screen every 5 minutes or so.. The thing is we called the US embassy paid line and enquired abt this. They sayd they will open the dates randomly 3 times a day starting at 7 AM. So it can be any time from 7 till mid night. But usually what I found is between 7 to 10 you can see most of the open dates. When you check the dates, check for other consulates too.. You can see some of them getting opened in between.
However all cancellations are real time. So if you are lucky, you will get some ones cancelled slot immediately. Good luck with this. I struggled a lot to get appointments for me and my wife. Also, keep in mind, if you are planning to book as a family and if you and your wife/husband are in diff visa category, you need 2 separate appointments. Ex. you in H1 and wife/hus in F1. We didnt know and when we called up to cinfirm this, they said it....

Thanks a lot Thomas. Thats good information. I have been struggling to get one in Toronto.
So 7am to 10am ...i will keep trying.

How about you H1 and H4 visas ? This one does not need separate appointments right ?

Thanks again. Please post your experience in the Toronto consulate whenever you are back.
I received my Canadian CPR so I need to land in Canada begining of next yr.

question on landing + H1 stamping at the sametime

I have read some posts on this forum earlier that it is not a good idea to land and go for the H1 visa stamping at the same time as the canadian immigration is aware of this and reject the visa/landing process..

Is this something really true.. Did anyone else have a problem ?

Can we land and go for the H1 visa appointment at the sametime.

Iam not aware of anything like that. My assumption is Canadain PR and H1b visa are two separate things.