when to apply for extension ?

help4lc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

How many months before the 6 years on my H1 visa expire, can I apply for an extension ? 6 yrs expire in June 2005. My labor is pending for more than 2 years now .When do I apply for 7th year extension ?

Am I required to go to India for stamping the passport for the extension ?

help4lc said:
Hi,

How many months before the 6 years on my H1 visa expire, can I apply for an extension ? 6 yrs expire in June 2005. My labor is pending for more than 2 years now .When do I apply for 7th year extension ?
----- as your LC is pending more than 2 years you are eligible to file 7th year H1 extension, you can file 7th year H1 6 months advance of june 2005 or any day before your I-94 expires, make sure that lawyer send the evidence of LC filing and evidence is LC filing reciept that lawyer gets after LC is recieved by SESA or SWA ask your employer or lawyer if they have the LC filing reciept, if not lawyer can ask the reciept from SWA or SESA
Am I required to go to India for stamping the passport for the extension ?
----- if the extension is filed timely with correct evidence then you will get 7th year H1 exyension approval with new extended I-94 attached with approval notice, you dont need Visa stamp to remain or work in US till you have valid I-94, if you go out of US you need to get Visa stamp to renter

H1 visa was stamped in India on April 27,1999
Came to the US on June 10,1999

Left for India ( work related ) on Jan 28,2000
Retured back the US on Feb 20, 2000

Again Left for India ( work related ) on June 9,2000
Returned back to the US on June 19,2000

I have a few questions :-

1) I should be counting the 6 years from April 27, 1999 or from when I actually came to the US - June 10,1999 ?

2) Can I recapture the days that I was out of the country ( work related ) which is approx. one month ?