when to apply for citizen

kakkur1

Gurus please help me to clarify.

I got my GC through employment based on July'2004, when can I apply for US citizen? do I need to go through an immigration lawyer or I can apply myself.
please shed some lights.

TIA
Ashok

I guess you can apply 90 days prior to July 09. As far as the second part of your question , i think you can do both. Apply through your lawyer or do it yourself. But we can wait and see what our expert members have to say. They are very helpful and i am sure someone will help us. I am also in the same boat :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you have anything unusual in your case (arrest/conviction, weird travel situation etc, etc) there really is no need to waste money on a lawyer. The N-400 form isn't particularly difficult to fill out, so most people do it themselves.

Hi,
My conditional green card is expired, I have applied to remove conditions (I-751) on my permanent residency, I did receive “Notice Of Action” & “I-797” saying that “Your residency status is extended for one more year, you are authorized to work and travel ”. Now my question is when I should apply citizenship, on spouse base you can apply citizenship after 3 years (may apply 90 day before your 3rd anniversary), Can I apply N-400 even I didn’t receive 2nd (Unconditional) card?? Please Advice…

Hi,
My conditional green card is expired, I have applied to remove conditions (I-751) on my permanent residency, I did receive “Notice Of Action” & “I-797” saying that “Your residency status is extended for one more year, you are authorized to work and travel ”. Now my question is when I should apply citizenship, on spouse base you can apply citizenship after 3 years (may apply 90 day before your 3rd anniversary), Can I apply N-400 even I didn’t receive 2nd (Unconditional) card?? Please Advice…

You can apply for N-400 up to 90 days prior to the 3rd year anniversary of your GC. The I-751 process will continue in parallel, and if it hasn't been completed by the time of your natz interview, I expect the IO will take care of both at the same time.

By the way, its rather rude to hijack somebody else's thread.

I am US citizen now, I am planning to apply Greencard for my Mother, she is Indian citizen, age 60 yrs.
may I know the checklist to apply her Green Card.

Thanks in Advance.