When Should I apply for H1B Advanced Degree?

ankurtangirala

I am currently on my OPT that ends Jan 31st 2007. I have a Job offer from a company and have started working with them on my OPT.

I will completing all my degree requirements on August 31st 2006, with a letter from the dean stating the completion of all degree requirements (Actual Degree will be received on December 21st 2006).

Q1. Can I apply for FY2007 H1B Advanced Degree Quota with a start date of February 1st 2007? And Still work on my OPT 'till it ends on Jan31st 2007?

Q2. Does FY2007 application mean any start date after October 1st 2006 and before December 31st 2007?

you should be able to start at any time as long as there is agreement between you and the company. are U working at private company? The H1b cap was just used up for advanced degree for year 2007, which means you won't be able to apply for H1b until next April and won't be able to officially work as H1b until next October, with current USCIS regulation. you might want to check with your company for O1 visa when your OPT is expired