When Priority Date Sept 21, 2005 becomes current?

gcbud

Hi Experts,
I and my wife are working for a company. My company filed for my GC under Skilled Worker category. I got my Labor cleared and my company applied for I-140. But the my priority date of the I-140 is Sept. 21, 2005 when it becomes current with the Department of State. The current priority date that for Indians is 01 February 2001.

My questions are:
How fast do you think that my Priority date Sept 21, 2005 would become current?
Do you advise my Wife to move on to a different company? We both are in good technical area where we can get job easily with our experience with respect to the current market.
Or Do you have any other suggestion for us as I don't know when we would be able to get our GC. Please advise us. Do you advise me to jump to a different company for a better pay?

The current priority date that for us is 01 February 2001.
When would my priority date Sept 21, 2005 would become current? Waiting for your advise. thank you so much.

long way to go

What's your Employment category? eb2/eb3

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend everyone in this forum for the EB3 priority date to be current.By the way people are saying, it looks like it is going to take more than a year to reach the Sept 2005.(If some Miracle happens).It is generally not advisable to change companies at this stage.If you are ready to take considerable risks there is always a possibility.Please go through some more posts in this section for more info.

gcbud said:
The current priority date that for us is 01 February 2001.
When would my priority date Sept 21, 2005 would become current? Waiting for your advise. thank you so much.

Well .. it is understood that .... there were huge number of applicants in mid 2001... so still the hill needs to be scaled ...

The dates might move very slow .. with possible retrogresion this winter ... so the dates might roll back too .. to say 2000 level.

So without any legislative changes .... things look very grim for even 2002 PDs' if they are EB3 and are form India or China. A long wait for them ... and so at best ... wait till one gets his turn.

Friends,
I am not planning to shift jobs. But, do you suggest that my wife should shift her job for better pay as she is with the same employer as I am.

And after shifting do you suggest that she also file for GC (would it be any faster). Is I-140 filing date dependent on the Employer or the Processing Center that we are filing from?

So would it take 2/3 years?? :mad:

My Filing in under EB3 (Indian)

Please advise.
Thank you so much for yous posts (even though it is scary to know that it is going to take a long time to get my GC)

Last edited by a moderator:
GCBud, based on the current information it is unknown when the dates will advance. If I follow the trend in the last 6 months, in a very conversative case scenario, I can expect to remain stuck for 2-3 more years. In the best case scenario, USCIS could all of suden advance cut-off dates to 2002 and set me free. It seems unlikely though.

The reason I am saying this is because congressmen insist to stick our causes combined with the insane and highly controversial guest-worker/amnesty program and therefore chances to see a bill approved this year are slim. Possible though.

gcbud said:
Friends,
I am not planning to shift jobs. But, do you suggest that my wife should shift her job for better pay as she is with the same employer as I am.

And after shifting do you suggest that she also file for GC (would it be any faster). Is I-140 filing date dependent on the Employer or the Processing Center that we are filing from?

So would it take 2/3 years?? :mad:

My Filing in under EB3 (Indian)

Please advise.
Thank you so much for yous posts (even though it is scary to know that it is going to take a long time to get my GC)

The outlook is not very bright...

...at this point. You ask multiple questions in your thread but I will try to answer the most basic.

Considering that there are people with Priority Dates from 2000 and many many with dates from 2001, you should rest assured that you are not going anywhere for at least 2-3 years, probably longer.

Even in the best of processing times, my observation has been that there is usually a wait of at least 3 years from your PD to the time you become current with DOS.

These are not good times. There are many variables at play right now and the system is flat broke, but without any easy fixes either.

Regards to your wife changing positions, I guess that would start her LC process fresh and she "may" lose her PD. To my knowledge, PD's are employer specific (I'm no expert though). Of course, if your wife is able to find another job in EB2 or EB1 category, her overall wait time will be reduced but still out 1 year or more. There are no real shortcuts to EB categories.

Good luck!

Check Retrogression - doing the math thread

Check the retrogression - doing the math thread and also June VISA bulletin thread - there are some thoughts on how much the backlog is.

Regards
GCStrat :)