When is the best time to send P3 to NVC

anushri

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
Help needed. My P3 is sent by NVC on 06/04/04will be received shortly.I have a ceremony in family in NOV end so wish if i can get the Nov1st or 2nd WEEK interview.
Can u guys suggest me what will be the best time to send P3 to NVC so that i can club the interview.Your suggestions are appreciated.
thanx
anushri

Last edited by a moderator:
P3 means Packet-3which includes set of forms which is sent to you once you pay the fees to "National Visa Center" which is NVC.
Then you have to return the filled paccket3 to NVC which then forward it to the respective consulate.
Hope this clarifies.

anushri

Thanks for the info!!

At what stage of GC we get P3 packets??

Last edited by a moderator:
anushri,

From the time you send ur p3, you can expect ur interview in 3 months time if it is Chennai. BTW cptracker will give you the insight.

anushri,

After you send P3 it takes 3-4 week for NVS to review and send it to Consulate and once Consulate recevies it, will set your interview date with in 3 months around.

Good luck.

PhiliMay.

I think, if you send now, you might be hitting the Nov. interviews. But there's no guarantees.

Alren,
I was studying your dates,as you are the most recent Cp candidate who has posted all the details, and it looks like that your interview date is exactly 4 mnths after you mailed back your Packet3 to NVC.
Allthough every case is different but keeping ur case in mind i think i should hold my Packet3 till the end of june so that i can hit Oct end or Nov interview.
Does this make sense????
What's your take on this........

anushri

alren said:
I think, if you send now, you might be hitting the Nov. interviews. But there's no guarantees.

anushri said:
Alren,
I was studying your dates,as you are the most recent Cp candidate who has posted all the details, and it looks like that your interview date is exactly 4 mnths after you mailed back your Packet3 to NVC.
Allthough every case is different but keeping ur case in mind i think i should hold my Packet3 till the end of june so that i can hit Oct end or Nov interview.
Does this make sense????
What's your take on this........

anushri
Cannot predict. I've noticed people whose P3 was forwared after mine and got an earlier interview date. Only thing you can guesstimate accurately is about a 2 mo. window.

Is there any chance that we request for a particular month for interview.
since i have no valid reason for that and giving the family ceremony reason would be silly,i dont know if its ok to even request it.
But i think i have read somewhere that KD1403 requested the last week of oct and was granted that eventhough he was told 1st week oct before.
i dont know what reason he gave but i was wondering if anything can be done in my case.

anushri

You can always try. There's no harm. But I believe they will only listen if you call after they have you on their system.

(If you are trapped alone in a dark room, a shot in the dark is always worth it to see if it will break some glass to get the light in as opposed to none) ... :D

alren:

Tried sending you a PM but i guess your box is full. I am visiting bbay from 6/25-7/1 (1 week). Just decided!! May be we can talk or meet somewhere. Let me know if you are interested may be we can exchange phone number and meet in person finally! PM me!