When is name check started by USCIS?

oxa1

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know when the name check request is sent to FBI by USCIS? Is it immediately after I485 filing, or after FP, or some other random time? I called VSC two times. One time I was told Aug, 2005, the other time Dec, 2004 (my I485 filing date). I am confused. How can I find out my true name check date?

Thanks!

I filed my I-485 in last week of August 2004 and when I inquired about name check with FBI they replied that in the second week of Septemeber they have recieved the request from USCIS and they processed it with in 2 days.

And I have recieved my FP notice in December 2004.

oxa1 said:
Does anyone know when the name check request is sent to FBI by USCIS? Is it immediately after I485 filing, or after FP, or some other random time? I called VSC two times. One time I was told Aug, 2005, the other time Dec, 2004 (my I485 filing date). I am confused. How can I find out my true name check date?

Thanks!
I think USCIS requests namecheck from FBI after filing I485 (say within 10-20 days). In some cases it may get delayed becasue of initial mess-up..and likely be discovered once FP is done!
If you contact your congressman, they will be able to help you with the status of name check (including request date).
Good luck,

how you can find out from FBI, I tried all the ways but no info about clearance. USCIS gave me different messages whenever I call them ....
let me know if you know anyway to find out

immiq said:
What was your FP date?

My I485 filing date was Dec 2004, FP (code 3) was March 2005. I applied EAD twice: Feb 2005, Feb 2006. I changed address twice: Feb 2005, Aug 2005.

Seems name check initiation has no connection to FP. I don't know if it is correct.