When is Name Check Initiated?

footballfan_kb

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

Its been 45 days since my I-485 has been filed. Today I called Texas Service Center to find out the status on my case. The officer was nice enough to give me details and said that background checks were pending. When I asked for specifics, he said name check has to be initiated yet. He also said he can not initiate it. Also, my Code-3 fingerprinting has been done 2 weeks ago. Does anyone have an idea or a memo describing when name checks get initiated? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

Its been 45 days since my I-485 has been filed. Today I called Texas Service Center to find out the status on my case. The officer was nice enough to give me details and said that background checks were pending. When I asked for specifics, he said name check has to be initiated yet. He also said he can not initiate it. Also, my Code-3 fingerprinting has been done 2 weeks ago. Does anyone have an idea or a memo describing when name checks get initiated? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Usually 1-2 weeks after filing of I-485

Usually 1-2 weeks after filing of I-485

What action can I take to make sure they atleast initiate my name check soon? Should I go for INFOPASS even though I am not sure if they will help me saying its been only 45 days? Does anyone have any USCIS official memo or document that shows when Name Check gets initiated?

One thing you need to realize is that you are not in control and while at time you can get things moving through an infopass if you're our of "normal processing timelines", it may be premature to stress over your case just yet.

Also, one thing that always help others in answering your questions is if you put the details of your case in you signature.

What action can I take to make sure they atleast initiate my name check soon? Should I go for INFOPASS even though I am not sure if they will help me saying its been only 45 days? Does anyone have any USCIS official memo or document that shows when Name Check gets initiated?