when is n400 evaluation takes place during the process

nidhin0006

Registered Users (C)
I am lil concerned about my citizenship application because I have applied after 4 years and 10 day after my return of a 1yr and 2mnth long trip outside united states. I have read in uscis website that if i go outside united states for more than an year, i can apply after 4 yeras and 1 day of my return from long trip.

i have applied 1 month back and I am called for taking fingerprints. so by this will the uscis determined that i am eligible for applying or do they determine this at the interview stage?.

thanks in advance for your responses

I am lil concerned about my citizenship application because I have applied after 4 years and 10 day after my return of a 1yr and 2mnth long trip outside united states. I have read in uscis website that if i go outside united states for more than an year, i can apply after 4 yeras and 1 day of my return from long trip.

i have applied 1 month back and I am called for taking fingerprints. so by this will the uscis determined that i am eligible for applying or do they determine this at the interview stage?.

thanks in advance for your responses

If you applied 4 years and 10 days after returning from that 1yr+2mo trip, you should be OK in terms of the 4yr+1day rule.

However, the N-400 application is not examined in detail until the actual interview, so the fact that you had your FP appointment does not imply anything. If there is an eligibility problem in terms of the continuous residency requirement, you'll only find out about this at the interview (or even later).