When is I-485 RFE issued

gama_2001

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I am new to I-485 process. My ND is 05/22/2003. I was just doing a random scan of the cases for this ND as I am waiting for my EAD and AP.

I found this particular LIN interesting.
--------------------------------------------
Receipt Number: LIN0318552158

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 6, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours
-----------------------------------------

What does this mean?

they might have missed....

They might have missed some documentation which submitting initial I-485. One of my friend did not send his medicals and got RFE.

In my case RFE was generated because I opted for CP before submitting for AOS. So it can be anything that can prompt for RFE.

Hope this helps!!!
Mahesh.

These days a good percentage of RFEs are for the following reasons:

1. Proof of employment
2. Proof of Special Registration (applicable if an only if your country is on the NSEERs blacklist).

BCIS of course can get creative and ask for just about anything.

rgds,
sadiq

In my case they issued the RFE for the I-140 approval. My attorney filed the I-1485 concurrent. when BCIS Issued RFE luckly by that time I-140 got approved and sent the approval notice to BCIS. Right after got the EAD card.

I-485
RD 08/29/2002
ND 09/13/2002
EAD/AP 11/24/2002
FP 01/13/2003
Approval ??/??/????

Originally posted by gama_2001
Gurus,

I am new to I-485 process. My ND is 05/22/2003. I was just doing a random scan of the cases for this ND as I am waiting for my EAD and AP.

I found this particular LIN interesting.
--------------------------------------------
Receipt Number: LIN0318552158

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 6, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours
-----------------------------------------

What does this mean?

What I find interesting is that this RFE was issued 2-3 weeks since the ND!! It was sent out on JUne 6, almost 1.5 months back. Have you recd. it? What does it say?

K.S.

Re: Re: When is I-485 RFE issued

Originally posted by sivajhu
What I find interesting is that this RFE was issued 2-3 weeks since the ND!! It was sent out on JUne 6, almost 1.5 months back. Have you recd. it? What does it say?

K.S.

The LIN# is NOT my case. I was randomly checking for that date and found this case interesting since rfe is issued so early. I posted in this forum so that if it belongs to somebody they can share their info.