When does TSC usually pick up the mails?

YouApproved

Registered Users (C)
OK, this is giving me a little bit nervous here. I efiled my I140s on the night of 07/26. So today is my 7th business day, i.e., they need my supporting documents by the end of today. I mailed my packages on Saturady by express mails @ USPS. I know I pushed the limit but let's not talking about that for now.

Now the status of the mails is "We attempted to deliver your item at 10:10 AM on August 6, 2007 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 and a notice was left." I am sure that's because the tiny mail box rented by USCIS is too small for that many mails. But when does TSC usually pick up the mails? In the afternoon or in the morning? I am sure somebody knows it. Thanks.

What if they don't pick up until tomorrow or even later? Will I be fine? I know in th ideal world, this is not my problem when they don't have a big enough mail box or whatever. And I know they didn't care about that 7 business days rule too much either before. But if something happens, do I have a way to argue it WITH USCIS legally? Thanks!

Don't worry. The postmark date is considered as date of submission for USCIS and other government purposes. So in effect you have submitted your documents on saturday. USCIS can pick it up whenever they want but i am sure you should be fine. Moreover USCIS picking up mail doesn't mean they are immediately going to open your package. They will do so when your turn comes which might be several days later.

Be careful, Santi, the date of delivery is the one that counts for USCIS for submission deadlines:

Q14: USCIS’ July 17, 2007 press release stated that USCIS would accept applications filed not later
than August 17, 2007. Does this mean applications delivered on August 17, 2007 will be accepted but
those arriving August 18, 2007 will be rejected?
A14. Yes

(from FAQ1)

However, for the filing fees, the date that counts is indeed the date of pickup by USPS or any other carrier you use.

So, YouApproved, your package was delivered on time: no worries!

Chris

I remember USCIS picked up our pkg around 5 AM (!) from USPS next day. same thing happend to few other people in this forum. so don't worry.

Thanks.

I know the postmark rule in most places. But at least for efile I-140, here is what the big brother says "The required initial evidence must be received by the Service Center within seven business days of e-Filing the Form. "

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=9059d9808bcbd010VgnVCM100000d1f1d6a1RCRD

Well, hopefully as you said, they pick up mails at 3 pm. As long as the mails are in their hands today, I don't care much when they open them :rolleyes:

Thanks, Chris but the one you quote is for I485, I believe.

If they pick up mails tomorrow, that in fact could be considered out of the 7 business days time frame, depending how you look at it.

Be careful, Santi, the date of delivery is the one that counts for USCIS for submission deadlines:

Q14: USCIS’ July 17, 2007 press release stated that USCIS would accept applications filed not later
than August 17, 2007. Does this mean applications delivered on August 17, 2007 will be accepted but
those arriving August 18, 2007 will be rejected?
A14. Yes

(from FAQ1)

However, for the filing fees, the date that counts is indeed the date of pickup by USPS or any other carrier you use.

So, YouApproved, your package was delivered on time: no worries!

Chris

Yes, I saw that too. Do they work that hard? Somebody said 9 am too.

The problem with me is that by the 7 business days rule, my mails should be in their hands today. I worry how they want to deal with that. I know most likely they don't care. And if this thing really goes for a regular lawsuit, I have better chance to win. But you know it's USCIS.

I remember USCIS picked up our pkg around 5 AM (!) from USPS next day. same thing happend to few other people in this forum. so don't worry.

There was attempt to deliver your package and there's evidence of that in form of USCIS note that was left. So technically your package has already been delivered today and waiting for USCIS to pickup either later today or (early tomorrow as other mails have suggested). So you are safe.

Yes, I saw that too. Do they work that hard? Somebody said 9 am too.

The problem with me is that by the 7 business days rule, my mails should be in their hands today. I worry how they want to deal with that. I know most likely they don't care. And if this thing really goes for a regular lawsuit, I have better chance to win. But you know it's USCIS.

also, this 7-day rule is not that strict, I believe. They had received our pkg on the 10th day. I e-filed on 02/11 and mailed the supporting doc and the PP request (separately by FedEX) on the 20th.

I sent two supplemental packages (eb1 and niw) last week via USPS express.
1: sent wed (after cut-off time), delivery was attempted fri @11am (failed), re-delivered mon 6am (success)
2: sent sat, delivery was attempted mon @11am (failed)

i am assuming that the second package will be picked up tue 6am. basically, they seem to pick up their mail only early in the morning.

So your package was delivered on 02/21? You were in fact right on time because it's 7 business days. You had the weekend and president's day.

Anyway, they picked up the mails. I believe and hope there won't be any problem.

also, this 7-day rule is not that strict, I believe. They had received our pkg on the 10th day. I e-filed on 02/11 and mailed the supporting doc and the PP request (separately by FedEX) on the 20th.

Hah, LUD yesterday, 08/06. Don't tell me that they already weren't happy because of delay of the mails. The details still the same as before, the LUD on 07/28, as following.

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On July 26, 2007, we received this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I sent two supplemental packages (eb1 and niw) last week via USPS express.
1: sent wed (after cut-off time), delivery was attempted fri @11am (failed), re-delivered mon 6am (success)
2: sent sat, delivery was attempted mon @11am (failed)

i am assuming that the second package will be picked up tue 6am. basically, they seem to pick up their mail only early in the morning.

update: package #2 picked up Tue 5 am

Huh! I have the same problem. I was about the write mail about this.
After reading your mails, it looks like mine will be picked up tomorrow 5-6 AM and it will be still considered delivered on time.
I am wondering if the post-office is open 5-6 AM to give someone their mails against their mail pick-up notices. Strange!

I am sorry to say this - You got to read the INSTRUCTIONS very carefully. If you send anything to USCIS through USPS - packages delivered to PO box that was rented by USCIS. USCIS or normally the contractor will pick up the mails from PO. BOX at anytime they want. But if someone uses signature confirmation option then USCIS person need to sign to pick up the package from post office. I think, during these periods, they may pick up several times because of volume of applications.

The USCIS has different addressess for courier deliveries and that is normally handed over to the mailroom person who signs when he gets package.

Thats it. This very simple and you dont have to think its strange or be confused.

Last edited by a moderator: