when does the 180-day waiting period start counting?

nerf

Registered Users (C)
Thanks to AC21, it is said that job change becomes much easier after your 485 is pending for more than 180 days. However, when does this date officially begins? Is it the received date or the notice date? I googled but could not find official information. Can anyone give me an authoritative answer? Many thanks!

Thanks to AC21, it is said that job change becomes much easier after your 485 is pending for more than 180 days. However, when does this date officially begins? Is it the received date or the notice date? I googled but could not find official information. Can anyone give me an authoritative answer? Many thanks!

Receipt Date of I-485 at USCIS.

I meant the same as "received" date. That is when the clock starts.

Now, please dont ask if the "received" date is included in 180 days. ;) ;)

Thanks for the patience. That's the answer I want to know.:)

My confusion came from the fact that USCIS prints two dates on the 485 receipt, and they are nearly one month apart.

I meant the same as "received" date. That is when the clock starts.

Now, please dont ask if the "received" date is included in 180 days. ;) ;)

No, I wont.:D

Total 180 days or 180 calendar days

for AC21 only 180 calendar days are counted or total (including weekend/holidays?)

ac 21 job change date

Can you be on vacation for the last few days (say 40 days of the 180 days) with the sponsoring employer and join a new employer?

After 180 days are over, can you use AC21 and leave the first employer?

Please advise.

for AC21: 180 Calender days means 36 weeks which means about 9 month from the receipt date, I think that is not true, its 6 month which means total 180 days not calendar days? I could be wrong

kgp.

The job change date should be no earlier than 180 calendar days after I-485 receipt date

The job change date should be no earlier than 180 calendar days after I-485 receipt date

There can be a job change even before 180 days. As matter of fact you do not need to be working for the sponsoring employer. As long as you can prove the intent upto 180 days you are fine. However this Intent needs to be exists between both employee and employers

Now, after this 180 day period is over, if one changes the sponsoring company and join a new employer, can they (the sponsoring company) do you any harm like cancel your I-140, I-485 etc ?.

If I filed I140 and I485 concurrently, and got 140 approved, and wait I485 for 6 months by using 485 received date. Am I eligible to use AC21? I saw some post on other places mentioned AC21 doesn't apply for filing concurrently. Is it true?
If I file I140 first, and file I485 later without I140 approval notice. Did I avoid file concurrently situation? If I got I140 approve later, which date should I use to count 180day, 485 received date or from 140 approval date?

Thanks,