When changing job wouldn't affect GC application?

shuurik

Registered Users (C)
I have just received my LC approval and need to file I140. Cannot file I-485 yet, however, my PD for EB3 is not current, might wait for another year (my estimation).
I am looking for another job (under new or transfer H1B) and my current employer wants to keep me on a part-time basis. However, my LC was for a full time position.
I understand, that haiving a part-time salary right before applying I485 could jepardize the process. When and how would be the best way for me to keep my PD and still have valid application for GC?

After I485 has been pending for more than 180 days you can change the employer, the attorney says, and you could use the same argument with I140 - though it is risky. What if it is approved and I am just sitting here and waiting for my PD become current and want to change employer? In that case do I lose LC and I140 and need to start over?

My current eployer doesn't mind paying part-time salary and my understanding was the LC and hence the I-140 and I-485 is for future job, not the current job?

Need advice, life is so unexpected and throws loops like this - after waiting for 3.5 years for LC I have decided to look for another job, and then I get the approval.... Haven't found a new opportunity yet, but wanted to have heads up on this issues.

My current employer pays the salary stated in LC alright - for 4 years without any raise, so I thought it is time to move.... before I learned about LC approval. I have completely given up hope on that one long time ago..

Any advice will be appreciated,

Thank you so much.